Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

Question Question about cardio first thing in the morning

How bout if you wake up pound a protein shake-no carbs-no sugar. Then go do cardio...would it defeat the purpose of doing cardio first thing in the morning on empty stomach? I wanna give my body that protein it needs after fasting for those hours of sleep to stop catabolism and kickstart anabolism...would this be a good idea or no?

Thanks

_SOLID

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Go wild!!!

primodonna is offline Female Member
    A few of my dieting friends did just that for their last show(s) and all else being pretty much equal, they held on to a lot more muscle (than previously) when drinking the protien drink right when they got up

Haven't read any "studies" on it but human experience outweighs a book in many cases.
    What happens here, stays here

EXCESS???

THanks PRIMO. I'll give that a try.

_SOLID

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I personally think that if you perform cardio on an empty stomach in the AM not only have you been fasting for 8 hrs you are also going to break down the muscle as we all know the body burns muscle quicker than fat take it first then hit the cardio

Thumbs up Billy Boy- tanx alot

SOLID

primodonna is offline Female Member
    "...This enemy to bodybuilders is part of a process known as gluconeogenosis, which means producing or generating glucose from noncarbohydrate sources. The part of this reaction that is of importance to bodybuilders is known as the glucose - alanine cycle, in which BCAAs are stripped from the muscle tissue and parts of them are converted to the amino acid alanine, which is transported to the liver and converted into glucose. Training without food (fuel) is a major cause leading to gluconeogenesis. In turn, the body will resist burning fat and look to your lean mass to use as fuel as a mechanism to resist it's perception that you are under famine conditions.

If you consume supplemental BCAA's. the body does not have to break down muscle tissue to derive extra energy. A study conducted recently at the School of Human Biology, University of Guelph, Onterio, Canada, confirmed that the use of BCAA's (up to 4 grams) during and after exercise can result in a significant reduction of muscle breakdown during exercise."

With all of my "free" time...i will find some more for you.
    What happens here, stays here

Wink Thanks sweetheart

SOLID

Thread Information