PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator

Unhappy Just when everything seems to be going just as planned....

Something has to come along and fugg it up. You know how it is.

So I'm lifting back, on Monday night, I did Tbar Rows, lat pull downs with the bar with the "D" shaped grips on each end, seated low rows with a straight bar, and front pulldowns. Well...when I started my front pulldowns, as kind of my 'taxing' exercise for the day, my middle-upper back starts hurting when I breath in and out...like my diaphram (sp) ...nooo not that one sickos.

But it wasn't that bad...because I was all pumped and ish from my lift. Well, then off to cardio, and then to home...well, when I woke up this morning, I couldn't even get up. No shit, my alarm went off for like 3 minutes...while I just laid there...completely helpless. It wasn't it even hurt so bad...it's just I could NOT get up. Just couldn't sit up...arms and legs were moving fine, but I could not get up....Took me five minutes of trying, and I finally rocked myself to sit up...when all of a sudden....ziiinnnnggg . My back just let out a huge scream. Blows ass...took all day to finally get loose, but there is no way I could have done chest properly today...nor any exercise. Anyone have this...like a muscle pull in the back? Not lower back like most people, but right in the middle, and a little above middle. Obviously I ain't going back till I'm ready, but I'm right about 3 weeks from finishing a cutting cycle, and everything was going soooo well. Whoever had this, how long were you out? Few days, week??? DO NOT TELL ME MORE...cuz it ain't gonna happen.

There's my rant for the year. Thanks for those who read. Feel PaPa's Pain.

chris245 is offline Junior Member
    Well bro,that really f'n sucks. I've never had an experience like that,but i'd get to a doctor ASAP so it doesnt get any worse.

good luck on gettin recovered

-chris

DevilsDeity is offline Anabolic Member
    i had a pinched muscle or nerve in that area b4 took like 4 days of not doing anything stressful and it went away took like another 3 days b4 i was comfortable enough to work out heavy again, it was like between my shoulder blades had to walk around for 2 day w/ my shoulds back and chest out it was the only position that was comfortable . sux big time but you'll get better

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Papapump sounds like what has happened to me a few times after I have squatted. My lower back the next day wouldn't even let me get out of bed.

WELL....I was able to get out of bed this morning!!

FElt a little pain, but nothing like yesterday, it's getting better. I am going to do real light work at the gym today. Maybe just arms. We'll see how it goes, I wanna go super intense, but if it can't happen...it's better than sitting around here doing nothing.
    Thanks for the words of enouragement.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    had the same type of pain with breathing afte doing squats. Now every time I do squats and heavy calf raises I have to lean forward like I'm touching my toes and do some real heavy breathing to kind of stretch out my lungs.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Damn PPP You've been having some crappy luck lately. I had a pain right in the middle like that after the best chest day I ever had. Kinda a weird back pain. Mine went away after a few days but who knows bro. So many different things it could be. Good luck with that. Hope its nothing major.

Originally posted by PaPaPumP
    WELL....I was able to get out of bed this morning!!

FElt a little pain, but nothing like yesterday, it's getting better. I am going to do real light work at the gym today. Maybe just arms. We'll see how it goes, I wanna go super intense, but if it can't happen...it's better than sitting around here doing nothing.
    Thanks for the words of enouragement.
    Glad its better bro, it stinks bigtime to not be able to workout.

Originally posted by Diesel
    BTW, you and I can become "Walking Wounded Cycle Members". I cracked a rib about three weeks ago.
    OUCH, hope it's better Diesel. How'd ya manage that one Diesel?

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Pappy,

I have had a lot of back problems that spring form a Mt. Biking accident over 10 years ago and it's plagued me ever since...

(One time after a bad golf swing I was almost paralyzed like you described, my ex-wife was away and I had to call my Mom to help me out of bed and take me to a doctor!)

I tried doctors, massage, drugs--and none of that helped. Finally, out of despiration, I went to 'one of them quack Chiropracters.' In 30 minutes I was standing straight and pain-free for the first time in over a month.

Since then, I threw my back out doing seated rows a couple of times (now that the back muscles are stronger, I don't have many probelms any more). The Chiro fixes it up, every time!

Little Update: Just got home from the gym, did shoulders and calves. Felt good. Little sore after...got done about an hour or so ago. It actually started hurting more when I was doing cardio.... Oh well, it is DEFINATELY getting better...thanks for all the comments guys, all of it was much appreciated! Maybe this will remind me to be extra careful with form...

Thread Information