needbigguns is offline Once Human and Inferior - Now Beast-Like and Superior

Biceps need help !

Wanna make my biceps grow like a mofo as i feel they are the weakest part of my body at the mo, what can i do to make them grow, i want to train them twice a week on a monday and a friday, what exercises should i do, how many sets and how many reps.

Thanks

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    Barbell curls!!

This is what i do

BB curls 4-5 set (heavy for the last two, real heavy)
    preacher DB curls 3-4 sets
    concintration curls 3-4 (heavy)
    alternating DB curls 3-4 (moderate with full twist and contraction)

Hope this helps bro

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    If you are gonna work them twice a week then i would say do a MAXIMUM of 6 sets for 6-8 reps each time you work them out...heavy barbell curls and heavy straight up and down hammer curls with slow strict movements and then when you feel like you have failed you might wanna go ahead and do 2 more reps and swing back and forth a little to get them up...ive been told this cheat method will help add mass. I would never work biceps twice a week though...you already get a good bicep workout just from workin out the back (barbell rows, pulldowns/pullups, and t-bar rows). but if you really think you need it then try workin them out twice a week for a few weeks and keep measurements of your arms to see how they react...thats the best advice i can give ya...good luck and make sure you are getting your calories and doing all the other neccesary exercises to get full body growth (SQUATS, DEADLIFTS, BARBELL ROWS, BENCH PRESS, AND MILITARY PRESS).

Quote Originally Posted by devil1
    Barbell curls!!

This is what i do

BB curls 4-5 set (heavy for the last two, real heavy)
    preacher DB curls 3-4 sets
    concintration curls 3-4 (heavy)
    alternating DB curls 3-4 (moderate with full twist and contraction)

Hope this helps bro
    Concentration and dumbell curls wont get you the mass you are looking for...build up your mass before you start working on shaping it...preacher curls are good however...but that seems like way too many sets if you are gonna work your bis twice a week.

dont forget your 2 warmup sets of 15 reps too...i should have mentioned that before.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    If you are gonna work them twice a week then i would say do a MAXIMUM of 6 sets for 6-8 reps each time you work them out...heavy barbell curls and heavy straight up and down hammer curls with slow strict movements and then when you feel like you have failed you might wanna go ahead and do 2 more reps and swing back and forth a little to get them up...ive been told this cheat method will help add mass. I would never work biceps twice a week though...you already get a good bicep workout just from workin out the back (barbell rows, pulldowns/pullups, and t-bar rows). but if you really think you need it then try workin them out twice a week for a few weeks and keep measurements of your arms to see how they react...thats the best advice i can give ya...good luck and make sure you are getting your calories and doing all the other neccesary exercises to get full body growth (SQUATS, DEADLIFTS, BARBELL ROWS, BENCH PRESS, AND MILITARY PRESS).
    6 sets of 6-8 thats alot bro, definatly once a week training like that. that might be a little much depending on how long hes been lifting

Concentration and dumbell curls wont get you the mass you are looking for...build up your mass before you start working on shaping it...preacher curls are good however...but that seems like way too many sets if you are gonna work your bis twice a week.
    thats what i do, and yes i only train my bis once a week

Quote Originally Posted by devil1
    6 sets of 6-8 thats alot bro, definatly once a week training like that. that might be a little much depending on how long hes been lifting
    How can you say i recommended too many sets when you recommended 13 sets lol...doesnt make sense to me.

How can you say i recommended too many sets when you recommended 13 sets lol...doesnt make sense to me.
    aahhh, misread the post, sorry bro

its all good..so what do you recommend for him?

for mass, gotta do BB curls heavy and cheat out a few at the end, i believe he would be good doing something like my routine with out the concintration curls

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    read the sticky's up top.

krownedroyal is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needbigguns
    Wanna make my biceps grow like a mofo as i feel they are the weakest part of my body at the mo, what can i do to make them grow, i want to train them twice a week on a monday and a friday, what exercises should i do, how many sets and how many reps.

Thanks
    look at swolecats bicep protocol: squat hard,dead lift hard & ROW HARD!!!!!

D9S0M is offline Associate Member
    heavy straight bar curls heavy hammer curls DONE!

ward065 is offline Member
    i would not advise training biceps twice per week.

The reason for this is you are hitting your biceps pretty good when you train your back. Back training involves the lats, but biceps also do a small but significant amount of the work for these moves.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i started training bi's less and they respond better:
    preacher curls
    bent over isolation db curls
    every other week i do reverse or hammer curls.

Glutamine77 is offline Junior Member
    I've had LOTS of problems when it comes to biceps but I now realize that most people that have weak biceps have strong front deltoids.. doing straight barbell curls with an "arm blaster" (an unpopular piece of equipement these days but works wonders!) and taking the cheating element out has really helped me surpass my everlasting plateau .. once a weak.. one set with about 15 reps for warmup - onet with about 12 sets to failure - one heavy set with 6 reps to failure - one drop set with 8-10 reps to failure followed immed. by 10 sets lower weight to failure(!! I preach about this method!!)if you can't find an "arm blaster" try 90 degree preacher curls(not the normal 45 degree ones!) AND don't even think about e z bars! hope this will help!

Thread Information