wilco is offline New Member

Question Taking a week off?

Hello, I am a new member, my name is wilco. Here is some information about me. I have been lifting for the past three years, however only in the past year have I been serious about my nutrition and routine. I currently use a 2 on 1 off protocol for training. I typically do 12-18 sets for larger muscle groups, and 8-10 for smaller ones. I am 6'1 162 pounds, and have a 9-10% BF. I have gained 15 pounds since October, and the good portion of that weight has been quality mass. Currently, my goal is to reach a weight of 170. I eat about 3100-3200 calories on a lifting day and 2800-2900 on an off day, usually I will run 2-3 miles on an off day. Since October I have not taken any time off from lifting, I have however reduced the days I workout and number of sets in my routine.

I am taking a 5 day vaction to South Carolina next week, and I am wondering if taking a week off would be beneficial. Recently I have been seeing great improvement in strength in the gym, but I feel that some time off would allow me to heal some and fully recharge my batteries. During this week off should I run alot or do push ups/pull ups? I don't want to lose any weight or gain much fat. I have a fast metabolism (I am a young guy and have a mostly ectomorphic body type). Any advice you could give would be great. Or should I find a gym near where I am staying and workout there? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I say it depends on you.
    If you feel burned out and need 1 week to recharge then take it. You gotto listen to your body.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I would just take a week off, i think the rest will be good for you and we all could probably use the little extra rest...XXL

wrj
    wrj is offline Junior Member
    Rest is good for the body only if you truly need it. However its great for the mind if you WANT it.

WRJ

Thread Information