Thread: Advice please

Mounts is offline New Member

Advice please

Bunch of workout questions, any help would be appreciated

1. When I lift dumbell flat bench my left shoulder swells up and aches for 5-6 days. I lift dumbell incline every chest workout and my shoulder is fine, but when i go to flat bench, right at the end of my collar bone swells up like a baseball. Any ideas of what is wrong here? is my form wrong? this problem only started occuring after i moved up to 95+ dumbell.

2. Soreness. Im a full time student so my time in the gym is limited, but i make it atleast three times a week. The only thing that i ever feel the next day is traps. How can i get soreness back?

3. Biceps. I can bench 285 but can't curl more than 35 lb dumbells. My biceps have always lacked behind every other muscle group. I was told not to work them hard, so i only did one superset of preacher curls after i was done working back for my bi workout. This did absolutely nothing for me so this week i went back to a 3 - 10 set exercise to try to build some mass, but once again i had no soreness the next day.

4. Forearms. Is it important to work forearms or do they get worked enough from everything else?

Thanks for the help.

decadbal is offline Banned
    go to a Dr

soreness doenst mean you didnt work it out right

yes do forearms

Mounts is offline New Member
    i went, doctor told me to quit lifting heavy

yeah right

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    like deca said being sore has nothing to do with muscle hypertrophy, It is just a bypass of carbonmonoxide and water, the result is lactic acid this is why you are sore the next day exercise without oxygen.

Imo you work forearms with almost every thing you do so they have a high patential for over training

Someone told you not to train biceps hard?? could be why there lagging!
    Last edited by S.P.G; 10-21-2005 at 11:01 AM.

Steven7 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mounts
    Bunch of workout questions, any help would be appreciated

1. When I lift dumbell flat bench my left shoulder swells up and aches for 5-6 days. I lift dumbell incline every chest workout and my shoulder is fine, but when i go to flat bench, right at the end of my collar bone swells up like a baseball. Any ideas of what is wrong here? is my form wrong? this problem only started occuring after i moved up to 95+ dumbell.

2. Soreness. Im a full time student so my time in the gym is limited, but i make it atleast three times a week. The only thing that i ever feel the next day is traps. How can i get soreness back?

3. Biceps. I can bench 285 but can't curl more than 35 lb dumbells. My biceps have always lacked behind every other muscle group. I was told not to work them hard, so i only did one superset of preacher curls after i was done working back for my bi workout. This did absolutely nothing for me so this week i went back to a 3 - 10 set exercise to try to build some mass, but once again i had no soreness the next day.

4. Forearms. Is it important to work forearms or do they get worked enough from everything else?

Thanks for the help.
    1. I used to get this when i done flat bench. Try stretching with your arm at your side with your forearm across your back. This stretches the front shoulder. It worked for me.

2. Negative reps always make me pretty sore the day after. Or try pyramid sets which are also pretty good.

3. I do straight 5 sets of bar curls, 4 sets of concentration curls and 3 sets of narrow grip curls. This really works for me.

4. For forearms I do reverse grip bicep curls, wrist curls and behind the back wrist curls.

Thread Information