KrooC is offline Anabolic Member

deads till im sick

or should i just do them untill failure?? its almost impossible for me to have any gains in this area?? help

u cant make gains with deadlifts? something is wrong there!!

ive been doing deadlifts for 5 weeks only and my whole back has improved already! just make sure u do them heavy, but not so heavy that ur form suffers, coz its not somthing u wana mess about with!

what do u do for your back???

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow if you cant make gains on deadlifts then something is def wrong...most likely form or you arent using enough weight...on deads do about 5-7 heavy reps...of course you need to do 2 sets or warmups with 15 reps to get it warmed up and get the blood flowin and stretch it out real good...you mess up on deadlifts with bad form or failure to warmup and stretch properly and you could be out for a while. Oh and one last thing...negatives (the part where the weight goes down) on deadlifts are almost pointless so if you arent in some p*ssy gym where people will complain then dont worry about the negative part and kind of let it slam down on the floor or rack and just worry about getting the weight up.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    warm-up properly...1-3 warmup sets

1-2 worksets... in the 3-6 rep range...

too high a rep range tires the spinal erectors a tad too much...Form lapses on higher reps..and form lapses can precipitate injury

Learn to breathe properly..expanding your abdominal cavity to support the weight.

Be slow on the negative and explosive on the positive.

Note well...Explosive in the instance does not mean jerky...it means consciously firing your glutes and hams to move the weight...and following tru by consciously contracting your abs/spinal erectors and traps.

That's it...don't overtrain... Make sure your diet and your recovery days/program are in check...and you'll make progress.

Post your current split up here

~Nark

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    Oh and one last thing...negatives (the part where the weight goes down) on deadlifts are almost pointless so if you arent in some p*ssy gym where people will complain then dont worry about the negative part and kind of let it slam down on the floor or rack and just worry about getting the weight up.
    I don't agree.

A conscious negative phase prepares one to explode consciously on the positive phase.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I don't agree.

A conscious negative phase prepares one to explode consciously on the positive phase.
    i can sure as hell still explode.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Great advice, i have added Deads the last month and man my back has come along but i was doing 12 reps most of the time due to not having a weight belt on so i did not go extremely heavy.

With the belt on i shoot for 6-8 reps..

Thread Information