JNel04 is offline Associate Member

Gots a Workout Question for Yall...Help!

say u got a chest and shoulder day, is it best to....

1) do all ur main presses first (incline,flat,decline), then begin w/ a shoulder exercise and start swtichin it up everyother exercise w/ a chest then a shoulder?

EXAMPLE...
    Flat Bench
    Incline Bench
    Decline Bench
    Shoulder Press
    DB Flys
    Side Lateral Raises
    Cable Crossovers
    Front Raises

2) do all chest then go to shoulders?

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by JNel04
    EXAMPLE...
    Flat Bench
    Incline Bench
    Decline Bench
    Shoulder Press
    DB Flys
    Side Lateral Raises
    Cable Crossovers
    Front Raises

?
    You don't need cable crossovers in that routine.You have flies which are sufficient.CC's are for BBers that have extreme development in their chest and are looking to bring out the deep cuts.
    Also I'd take the decline presses out and replace with weighted dips at the end of your chest routine for a nice stretch.

After chest(which should not exceed 12 sets) then hit your delts.

I see you start with a seated press(which is good,I do the same) then move on to your iso movements.Problem is you forgot your rear head of the delt.You need to do bent-seated laterals for your posterior delt head.Your delt program is a little advanced,but that's ok as long as you keep each exercise to only 2 sets.That would be 8 sets total for your delts.which is more than enough.Bear in mind your delts get hit not only doing chest,but back and arms as well.Train them too much and they won't grow.

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    You don't need cable crossovers in that routine.You have flies which are sufficient.CC's are for BBers that have extreme development in their chest and are looking to bring out the deep cuts.
    Also I'd take the decline presses out and replace with weighted dips at the end of your chest routine for a nice stretch.

After chest(which should not exceed 12 sets) then hit your delts.

I see you start with a seated press(which is good,I do the same) then move on to your iso movements.Problem is you forgot your rear head of the delt.You need to do bent-seated laterals for your posterior delt head.Your delt program is a little advanced,but that's ok as long as you keep each exercise to only 2 sets.That would be 8 sets total for your delts.which is more than enough.Bear in mind your delts get hit not only doing chest,but back and arms as well.Train them too much and they won't grow.

~Pinnacle~
    I hit my shoulder/abs today and this is what i did...

Shoulder Press (Smith) - 1 Lite warm up followed by 3 working sets
    Standing Side Laterals (Cable Behind Back) - 3 sets
    Front Raises (Rope) - 3 sets
    seated bent laterals -3 sets
    Arnold Press - 3 sets
    Standing Bent Over Laterals - 2 sets

i never forget the rear delt when doin shoulders. actually it is a fav of mine to workout. i just forgot to put it down. but anyways i assume this is overtraining. so u think only 2 sets for each iso movement? also i like throwin in the Arnolds to burn out my shoulders completely...u think this is not wise?

what i've been learnin when it comes to liftin is that less (sets) is sometimes better just as long as the intensity is ballz to the wall. would that be rite?

i hate to be bother some but how many sets would be sufficeint for other body parts...???

I hit my shoulder/abs today and this is what i did...

Shoulder Press (Smith) - 1 Lite warm up followed by 3 working sets
    Standing Side Laterals (Cable Behind Back) - 3 sets
    Front Raises (Rope) - 3 sets
    seated bent laterals -3 sets
    Arnold Press - 3 sets
    Standing Bent Over Laterals - 2 sets

i never forget the rear delt when doin shoulders. actually it is a fav of mine to workout. i just forgot to put it down. but anyways i assume this is overtraining. so u think only 2 sets for each iso movement? also i like throwin in the Arnolds to burn out my shoulders completely...u think this is not wise?

what i've been learnin when it comes to liftin is that less (sets) is sometimes better just as long as the intensity is ballz to the wall. would that be rite?

i hate to be bother some but how many sets would be sufficeint for other body parts...???
    I think you already realize that is far too much for your delts.If you go all out on your 4 major exercises for delts at 2 sets only,that is perfect!!You can switch up at times and throw the Arnold presses in there for variety.

You're learning kiddo...less is better when it comes to training.Stress the muscle group you're working hard and fast,then get the hell out of the gym and grow.You are learning now what took me years of frustration to learn!

For you,I'd go with :

Chest : 12 sets
    Delts : 8 sets
    Bi's : 6-8 sets
    Tri's ; 6-8 sets
    Quads : 8 sets
    Hams : 4 sets
    calves : 9 sets
    Back : 16 at the most(don't forget you're working upper,lower,plus thickness and width)

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    I think you already realize that is far too much for your delts.If you go all out on your 4 major exercises for delts at 2 sets only,that is perfect!!You can switch up at times and throw the Arnold presses in there for variety.

You're learning kiddo...less is better when it comes to training.Stress the muscle group you're working hard and fast,then get the hell out of the gym and grow.You are learning now what took me years of frustration to learn!

For you,I'd go with :

Chest : 12 sets
    Delts : 8 sets
    Bi's : 6-8 sets
    Tri's ; 6-8 sets
    Quads : 8 sets
    Hams : 4 sets
    calves : 9 sets
    Back : 16 at the most(don't forget you're working upper,lower,plus thickness and width)

~Pinnacle~
    well i cant wait to apply this to my workout especially w/ my new split.

these are most of my back exercises what do u think...

Wide Grip Chins to Front
    Under Hand Close Grip Pull Ups
    Double Handle Pull Ups
    Wide/Medium Grip Pulldowns
    Double Handle Grip Pulldowns
    Under Hand Pulldowns
    Medium Grip/Palms In Pulldowns
    Bent Over BB Row
    BB Row w/ pad
    One Arm DB Row
    Seated One Arm Row w/ pad
    Seated Cable Rows
    Standing Pullovers
    Deadlifts
    Good Mornings
    HyperExtensions
    BB Shrugs
    Behind Back BB Shrugs
    DB Shrugs
    Upright Rows

of course i dont do these during one workout out, i always try to mix it up. am i missin anything?

also when u gave me the amount of sets per body part it seems so low than what i'm used to (does that include a lite warm up set?). this is just an example but lets see if i get the idea of this concept for a chest workout...

Flat Bench - 3 sets
    Incline Bench - 3 sets
    Incline DB Flys - 3 sets
    Dips - 3 sets

just a rough idea.

well i cant wait to apply this to my workout especially w/ my new split.

these are most of my back exercises what do u think...

Wide Grip Chins to Front
    Under Hand Close Grip Pull Ups
    Double Handle Pull Ups
    Wide/Medium Grip Pulldowns
    Double Handle Grip Pulldowns
    Under Hand Pulldowns
    Medium Grip/Palms In Pulldowns
    Bent Over BB Row
    BB Row w/ pad
    One Arm DB Row
    Seated One Arm Row w/ pad
    Seated Cable Rows
    Standing Pullovers
    Deadlifts
    Good Mornings
    HyperExtensions
    BB Shrugs
    Behind Back BB Shrugs
    DB Shrugs
    Upright Rows

of course i dont do these during one workout out, i always try to mix it up. am i missin anything?

also when u gave me the amount of sets per body part it seems so low than what i'm used to (does that include a lite warm up set?). this is just an example but lets see if i get the idea of this concept for a chest workout...

Flat Bench - 3 sets
    Incline Bench - 3 sets
    Incline DB Flys - 3 sets
    Dips - 3 sets

just a rough idea.
    HAHA...I think you posted every exercise that was ever invented for the back.You aren't missing anything,but just remember to work your lower back(barbell rows,hyperextentions,T bar rows....upper would be pulldowns,wide grip pull ups ect..you get the idea...

The sets for body parts I posted doesn't include a warm up set/sets.

Your chest routine looks great!!!That is almost exactly what I do(an I'm advanced)..stick with that and you'll grow like a bean!!

~Pinnacle~

thx again for all the help Pinnacle...

Thread Information