theron is offline Associate Member

How many push ups can you do?

On my good days I can do around 60.

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    I used to belong to a health club that competed every year with other health clubs in a superstar type of compitition. One of the events was how many pushups you could do in 60 seconds. I did 74 pushups and came in 5th place. The winner did 108 in 60 secs.

testprop is offline Associate Member
    havent done pushups in years; maybe 60-70

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    When I do them, 3 sets of 20. My fourth set about 12 to 15 cause I'm exhausted.

DC24 is offline Junior Member
    When I was in military, I could do around 92-95 in 2 min, but that was 2 yrs ago, I can only get about 70-75 now.

testprop is offline Associate Member
    yea, the guys in the military can do pushups like crazy, I once saw a Seal do 150! they can't bench 400 lbs tho....hehe

DC24 is offline Junior Member
    The best way I found to go up on pushups is to get a deck a cards, shuffle them turn them upside down. Flip one over let's say it's a Ace of Diamonds, then you do 15 diamond pushups, flip the next its a 5 of spades, then you do 5 regular pushups, so on and so on. If you can make it all the way through the deck than you rule. I never made it through the whole deck. This is a good one to do with friends when ya working out.

devilscabanaboy19 is offline Associate Member
    In high school I did 80 in 1 min. I don't know how many I could do now.

G-S Guest
    64 in 60 seconds was my best, but that was 10 years ago. I'm now for power! lol

Assassinator is offline Associate Member
    My max is 65, 6 months ago my max was only 30
    So i am making some progress.

How many pullups can you do ?
    im 165 lbs and i do 18 regulaly, 22-25 on a good day.

My max is 57 in 60 seconds..... dunno bout now wit my shoulder injury

chris245 is offline Junior Member
    about 2 years ago i did a little over 100 in 90 seconds

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    115 in a row during football

FREAK2 is offline New Member
    i was getting ready for a push up contest at school and it was for a min and i wanted to see what i can do in 30 sec and it was just over 50 pushups, but i backed out because i had a power meet to get ready for

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    best i ever did was 80 in 1 minute in a fitness test for football in high school

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    i can do 80-90 after a 20 min. run, thats the best tiem for growth, it is also good to hit 3x25 push ups after chest days in the gym.
    peace

thegame01 is offline Member
    I use to do 100 in a minute ,thats quite a few yrs back ,i would say i can stuill do 100 but not in a minute thats for sure. But i couldn't bench 300+ lbs then

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    Shit, I can only get like 80. Don't really time myself, just go them non stop. I've got a good bench, but it's my triceps that get tired with pushups. Does being 265 make pushups more difficult? And I do 3 sets of 20 pullups on back day.

Kid Shred is offline Member
    I remember My dad used to make me do Mad pushups when I was really young, I think that's one of the reasonsthat my chest strength & size was way ahead of the rest of my body. He made me do them like this:
    1.Palms directly under the shoulders
    2.Do 1 rep , lay down rest two seconds,Do 2 reps and rest two seconds,Do 3 reps, lay and rest two seconds.....and so on.
    3.Remember the last set of the number you completed before failure and that is your level status.1-4 was poor,5-7 average,7-9 Conditioned ,9 and above excellent.
    I believe the book that my father took this out of was a 70's US military training book with floor exercise executions. I remember hittin' level 12 when I was a senior in high school.Give it a shot when you get a chance to see how you score.

MisterClean is offline Banned
    about 70-75 in one shot

Gene is offline Associate Member
    I did 67 straight when I was 10 years old in camp to win some pushup contest hehe... I doubt I've improved much in the past 10 years anyway, I like dips instead. Once after 4 sets of cable flyes supersetted with dips, I did 27 straight on the 5th set when my friend dared me to go all out... I didnt expect over 15, I think it was one of those mind over matter with adrenaline things.

BTW world record for pushups in 1 minute is 199 by some french guy I forgot his name. Brit Paddy Doyle has 100 world and euro records in endurance himself, with stuff like most pushups in 1 hour, most 1-arm pushups in 30 minutes, did the wall sit for 4 hours, running a marathon with a 50 pound plate on his back, etc... stuff like that... very crazy... but if you look at his physique you wouldn't tell if he works out so its upto the individual if its worth it. Personally when I walk down the streets I want every person in my way to know exactly what sport I participate in -- bodybuilding -- the best!

Thread Information