View Poll Results: What kind of music does your gym play ?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dance / club music.

37 35.24%
  • Hard rock

60 57.14%
  • britney spears.

8 7.62%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gym music ?

RageControl is offline Senior Member

Question Gym music ?

Recently i changed gyms . My old gym was great it was known as the local "juice" gym . There where alota big guys there i was probably one of the smallest. I had to change gyms because that one got overcrowded . So i joined this yuppie gym now im the biggest dude there and theres no lines to get on the equipment. Only problem is my old gym played hard rock on the stereo , New gym play's gay backstreet boys type music . How the hell am i supposed to get pumped listening to britney spears. I cant wear headphones they just get in my way .
    Last edited by RageControl; 01-09-2002 at 05:07 PM.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I could actually care less. I like to close my eyes and drown out all the sound before I do a heavy lift (squats, bench, etc). Helps me focus

senor_gato is offline Junior Member
    Give me some hard rock or old school rap. I eventually tune out anyways.

Biker is offline New Member

Death metal!

Good for an extra 3 reps on everything.Scares others away,too.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Music for Lifting . . .

Mozart. Or Beethoven.

It pisses everyone off, and they leave the gym.

Then I put on the rock.

Ironweb is offline Member

Rock

Only two kinds of music to listen to in the gym IMO. They are rock and roll baby.

Shredz is offline Respected Member

TRANCE

nothing gets me more pumped then trance

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    Its gotta be loud and its gotta be ROCK and ROLL !

euphoric20 is offline New Member
    Hard trance gets me pumped

acuraman is offline New Member
    Gold's has a thing where they play 3 hours of rock and then 3 hours of trance type music notice I said trance type music cause they play rap and other stuff mixed in with trance.

HalOd03 is offline Associate Member
    Hard trance gets me pumped
    Thats wat im sayen...well any type of club music, all of it gets me pumped!!

Dave..

solid90062 is offline Member
    Rap and hard rock is tight for a work out...I especially like 2pac.

unfortunately my gym mixes in the brittanny spears...not that i would mind it if they were playing the video, at least something would be getting big and hard, cuz i know it wont be my muscles with that boring crap.

tx_iron is offline Associate Member
    i like wu tang clan or 36 mafia

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by tx_iron
    i like wu tang clan or 36 mafia
    Niiiiccceee!!!!!! I also like to play DMX, busta rhymes, Cube, dre, snoop and some old school....P.E., Onyx, Craig Mack, BDP...KRS One.

Unfortunately my gym plays a Classic Rock radio station.....drives me postal!!! Thanks god for the walkman!!

you forgot cool g rap! and how bout some old school beastie boys?Im sorry i'll rock eazy-e when im liftin but i need metal to truly get pumped between sets.

tx_iron is offline Associate Member
    method man, project pat, ol dirty, too short (maybe alittle too chillin but hes tiiight)

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I don't care what music is playing at the gym. When I'm lifting I can only hear myself breathing.

mopar_13 is offline New Member
    they need to play hard rock(AC/DC) music what motivates you to lift heavy not this dance crap how the hell does that motivate you.
    But when it comes down to it the music just fades in the backround during that heavy set anyways.

HARDCORE is offline Associate Member
    Whoever said death metal-I'm with you 100 percent. I always wear headphones and my cassete player-I won't train w/out them. I listen to Nile, Death, Cannibal Corpse, Vader, Krisiun, Slipknot, Testament, Dark Funeral, God Dethroned-etc.....

Did Someone say cannibal corpse? Bro how bout some six feet under or slayer .

Scorpion is offline Junior Member
    I HATE MY GYM! All they play is damn r&b WTF - of all music?! We're here to work out not to "get our groove on"

I never post like this upset and all, but I really hate the music they play. I've tried my cd player but sometimes it falls or the cord gets in the way. I only use it when I'm on the Precor machine.

WatsonTDawg is offline New Member
    My gym plays White zombie, rage, etc.
    the kind of Sh*t that gets ya pumped.

askingforit is offline Junior Member
    My gym plays soft 60's and 70's rock stations. I'm always hearin Jimi, Zeppelin, Sabbath, Deep Purple...and shit like that in the gym.
    It's okay, but I'd prefer some hip-hop like some of you mentioned... 2 pac, DMX, The LOX, Jay Z, Snoop, Dre and whateva else...
    Otherwise, I want to hear something that gets you really pumped like some Ny Hardcore....Sick of it all, Snapcase, Bane....
    or else I just want to hear some west coast punk like some pennywise, strung out, or AFI...to keep the blood flowin.

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Guess what my gym at college plays no music at all. THIS SUCKS

askingforit is offline Junior Member
    Sometimes I'd rather be hearing nothing. But then you get those guys who are sounding like they're gonna bust a nut each time they do a rep...I don't want to hear that shit either if you knowhutimsayin.

retired is offline Associate Member
    All of the sequenced techno crap has no place at all in a hardcore gym. Trance, techno, disco- whatever you call it. It may be fine for doing cardio or getting blown at a Rave, but keep it out of my gym!!!!!

Thank GOD I can turn the speakers off on the third floor of my gym, where the squat racks are located. If I had to listen to that trance shit while preparing for a heavy set of squats, I would probably hurt somebody- most likely myself.

I have a new outlook on things . I'm into metal when I lift so when I have to listen to backstreet boys i get angry and take it out on the weights.

HARDCORE is offline Associate Member
    I was listening to slayer's new one-"God Hates Us all" today, and I felt like absolutely destroying everything in sight!!! Good shit-I'm definitely gonna have to take it easy on the Slayer when I start my test in a couple weeks-AHHHHHHHHH!!!!SLAYER!!!!!!!! I feel better now.

man_of_steel is offline Associate Member
    Like biker,ragecontrol,and hardcore,I HAVE to listen to something fucking ultra heavy to get me to that "place"FOR AN EXTREMELY INTENSE WORKOUT. for anyone who's into heavy music,here's my picks for some hardcore lifting cd's: SLIPKNOT-SLIPKNOT,SLIPKNOT-IOWA,SLAYER-REIGN IN BLOOD,DEICIDE-LEGION,DEICIDE-ONCE UPON THE CROSS,CANNIBAL CORPSE-TOMB OF THE MUTILATED,SLAYER-DIVINE INTERVENTION,MORBID ANGEL-GATEWAYS TO ANNIHILATION,SOD-SPEAK ENGLISH OR DIE,KREATOR-EXTREME AGGRESSION,HATEBREED,MESHUGGAH,FEAR FACTORY-DEMANUFACTURE..ETC ETC.i ALSO LIKE SOME GOOD FAST TECHNO SHIT,LIKE TRANCE OR JUNGLE..THAT'LL GET YOU GOIN AS WELL..BUT,YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT OPINIONS..LOL

You guy's rule ! s.o.d ! I rocked slayer south of heaven today i felt like i was on juice i got so pumped .

I was rockin slipknot today..the debut cd..just try and not get pumped lifting to sic or eyeless or only one...just try!! but yeah,I always get great workouts to slayer as well.........metal,it's whats for breakfast...old bad religion is great too..or pennywise..I can go on and on and on...and btw,I am on juice,so I get REALLY pumped..lol

superbeast is offline Member
    Zombie!

Rob or White

That's lifting music.

They play techno a lot at my gym. That's when the headphones come out!

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    I like either rock and roll or some rap, old school/newschool dont matter aslong as it gets me pumped]

poppapump58 is offline Member
    Korn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Grocho is offline Associate Member
    Anything that is adrenaline rushing. Anything in the catagory of Metallica (old school) to Pearl Jam.
    G

mando is offline Associate Member
    GIVE ............ME RAP , METAL , ROCK !!! AND KEEP THE PENCILNECKS AWAY !! I MIGHT EAT SOME ONE !!

GIVE ............ME RAP , METAL , ROCK !!! AND KEEP THE PENCILNECKS AWAY !! I MIGHT EAT SOME ONE !!

I would like to say that..

Hardore, RageControll,Manof steel, and Superbeast all have impressed my with their musical taste! And I was beginning to think there were no others like me! I get psyched when I lift, people see it ,and naturally ask what I'm listening to.I get the funniest looks when I inform them that it is Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, Obituary, Slayer,Six Feet Under, Mercyful Fate, Nile, etc.

Gotta give props to the Doom/Gothic shit too, most notably My Dying Bride and Theatre of Tragedy.

Look for Exhorder's "Slaughter in the Vatican" CD.An old release,maybe 1992 or so, but one of the best workout Cds ever for the discriminating Death Metal enthusiast.Guaranteed good for 3 extra reps on everything.

aaahhhhh!!!!!!!!! dude,thats old school shit!! I got that cd when I was in high school..now I'm gonna have to go listen to it..exhorder..thats pretty cool..remember pestilence or cynic?? those were pretty amazing bands as well..or malevolent creation..now thats fight music

All of today's best has it's roots in old school

Those were the days.Remember when you first heard Malevolent Creation, Kreator,Death,Venom, and thought "Holy shit, it can't get any more hardcore than that", and now here we are with music so intense it's beyond belief. Pretty cool,huh?

Keep the faith bro, it's good to know that there are people like you out there. I salute you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information