jrose15 is offline New Member

Workout schedule?

I'm 27 y/o, 6'1", 185 lbs ... true ectomorph ... ready to start my first cycle ... hopefully can put on a solid 15-20 lbs of muscle ... looking forward to being focused and dedicated in all facets ...
    Looking for a good workout plan to either add to or replace mine that will help me achieve my goals. I have a feeling I've overtrained previously ... not allowing my muscles to grow properly. My friend told me what he does, 3 days on, 1 day off, was curious as to your opinion, if there is sufficient rest between muscle groups, etc.:

Day 1: Chest, Decline, Barbell "Heavy" Biceps
    Day 2: Upper Back, Single Arm Triceps
    Day 3: Military Press Shoulders, Legs (Squats/Quad)
    Day 4: OFF
    Day 5: Incline, Single Arm Biceps
    Day 6: Rows, Lower Back, Barbell "Heavy" Triceps (IE Skull crushers, close grip press)
    Day 7: Rear/side shoulders, Hamstrings, Calves
    Day 8: OFF

Workout 4-5 days a week, hit every muscle once every 6-7 days. You should not do the cycle until you know how to workout properly. Also, if you are on a routine like the one you posted, there is a good chance that your diet is no good. Dong a cycle with a bad diet and a routine that needs improvement is a mistake....READ!....start with the sticky at the top: Guidelines for Growth. That will give you a good start. Also, www.bodybuilding.com has a lot of info.
    Last edited by catabolic kid; 02-08-2006 at 03:39 PM.

jrose15 is offline New Member
    Thanks Catabolic Kid ... appreciate the words of wisdom

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catabolic kid
    Workout 4-5 days a week, hit every muscle once every 6-7 days. You should not do the cycle until you know how to workout properly. Also, if you are on a routine like the one you posted, there is a good chance that your diet is no good. Dong a cycle with a bad diet and a routine that needs improvement is a mistake....READ!....start with the sticky at the top: Guidelines for Growth. That will give you a good start. Also, www.bodybuilding.com has a lot of info.

oh so true!

Thread Information