Thread: momentum

flyguy7 is offline Associate Member

momentum

Lately I've been trying to watch more pro bodybuilding videos, and I've been pretty confused by the same thing I've seen in all of them. The amount of momentum these guys use in their lifts is just nuts, from cutler to levrone. in the new and improved video with jay, I was watching him do curls and i didn't see there was any way his biceps were involved at all. I've always thought that lifts in general were supposed to be done with very strict form, but the way most of the pros do it it seems like they're just lifting the heaviest weight possible, the way we all used to when we were 15 and didn't know any better. Is this because most of them are cutting when filming the videos, or am i just wrong in what kind of form I'm supposed to be using? thanks for any clarification-peace.

pelly789 is offline Member
    depends what your watching theres alot of different types of workouts and ways to perform them like cheat curls which you probaly are refferring to and forced reps with a spotter etc. you should have strict form when you lift for symetry purposes and injury prevention just my opinion though hope helped later bro

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    probably showing off...

chest6 is offline Banned
    Theyre videos...I'm sure theyre just trying to show off like novastepp said. If Im wrong someone correct me.

mebbe, seems kinda silly if they're all really just showing off. Even dorian was doing it, and I never thought of him as a bser

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I dont understand it either. All the big guys in my gym lift like this too. O well.

Well maybe there's something to this kind of training, especially if a lot of the bigger guys are doing it. Might give it a shot for things like back and see what happens.

Thread Information