WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member

Building mass question.

Wouldnt I be better off doing 6 sets til failure on squats, then just doning 3 sets til failure on squats and 3 sets til failure on leg press. Either way it is 6 sets of failure on quads. Wouldnt it make more sense to stick to squats for all 6 failure sets? Same goes for Back, wouldnt I be better off doing 6 sets of failure on barbell row in stead of 3 on barbell row, and 3 on cable row? Im really confused on sets til failure. Is it ok that each set I would have to drop the weight to make my reps again on the next set? Because after doing my first set of 12 on squats with 225 of failure, there is no way I could make 12 on my next set at the same weight. I would have to strip like 10 to 20 lbs off each subsequent set. Is this ok? Some say only one set til failure per excersise? Why stop there? I think Im bout to stop working out, because its to confusing. LOL

Or am I reading into it all wrong. I mean should the 3 working sets be til failure with the same weight and my reps should drop each set? Another words 12 reps til failure first working set, 8-10 reps til failure for the 2nd working set, and 5-8 reps til failure for the 3rd working set? And this would be what I do for each excersise. Thanks in advance. Man I aggrivate you guys alot. LOL

Grudge Keeper is offline Associate Member
    I think any of the combinations you mentioned are fine.In fact changing from one to the next each workout would probally be best,as it keeps the muscles guessing and the workouts more interesting.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    i agree with Grudge, but for the typical line...
    swicth it up and do what builds the most for you...

Thanks

Thread Information