Thread: Love Handles

Ruger is offline New Member

Love Handles

I would like people's thoughts on love handles. I am 27 185lb, 5'10". I have been working out religiously for 9 yrs. Like many, I have a problem keeping fat out of my flanks. My ideal weight is 170lbs. I gained 15 pounds by cutting cardio during the winter and drinking beer. I since laid back on the beer and bought a treadmill for home use during winter (I don't like to run in the gym after a good hour of lifting). The only time my abs were close to being fairly lean (not even cut) was when I would run twice a day in addition to lifting and was taking mild gear (3 yrs ago - winny and I think fake primo - ha). I since got married and cannot go to that extreme. However, I still lift 4 days/wk and do 30 min of cardio (pretty intense) 4 days/wk. My diet is not perfect but always on the good side (minus that beer).
    Ie.
    Protein bar and sugar free red bull in the morn.
    Tuna on dry, light wheat bread - brunch. Or protein bar.
    Oven roasted chicken breast 1/4 lb on light wheat bread -lunch.
    Muscle Milk - mid afternoon.
    A healthy variety of the wife's food for dinner. Ie. Meat, Veggie, Carb (Keeping qty in check).

Question is... I had read many times that the qty of fat cells is determined when you are younger. Well, I was a 168lb 5th and 6th grader. I grew out of the fat stage throughout high school before lifting and working out. I have a hell of a time losing the love handles though and one factor I contribute to this is that maybe I have a large qty of cells from being a fat boy when younger. Thoughts? I know Lipo-Suction would solve the prob but I don't have money for that nonsense. What do some of you do?

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger
    I would like people's thoughts on love handles. I am 27 185lb, 5'10". I have been working out religiously for 9 yrs. Like many, I have a problem keeping fat out of my flanks. My ideal weight is 170lbs. I gained 15 pounds by cutting cardio during the winter and drinking beer. I since laid back on the beer and bought a treadmill for home use during winter (I don't like to run in the gym after a good hour of lifting). The only time my abs were close to being fairly lean (not even cut) was when I would run twice a day in addition to lifting and was taking mild gear (3 yrs ago - winny and I think fake primo - ha). I since got married and cannot go to that extreme. However, I still lift 4 days/wk and do 30 min of cardio (pretty intense) 4 days/wk. My diet is not perfect but always on the good side (minus that beer).
    Ie.
    Protein bar and sugar free red bull in the morn.
    Tuna on dry, light wheat bread - brunch. Or protein bar.
    Oven roasted chicken breast 1/4 lb on light wheat bread -lunch.
    A healthy variety of the wife's food for dinner. Ie. Meat, Veggie, Carb (Keeping qty in check).

Question is... I had read many times that the qty of fat cells is determined when you are younger. Well, I was a 168lb 5th and 6th grader. I grew out of the fat stage throughout high school before lifting and working out. I have a hell of a time losing the love handles though and one factor I contribute to this is that maybe I have a large qty of cells from being a fat boy when younger. Thoughts? I know Lipo-Suction would solve the prob but I don't have money for that nonsense. What do some of you do?

There's not really a whole to do aside from an overall bf reduction. I've always carried a lot of fat in that area myself when my bf gets up. There's no such thing as far as spot reduction aside from maybe if gh is used.
    Just a clean diet, weight training, proper cardio and I do personally use clen and t3 as well. With the combo the fat melts off no problem. It's always the last to go but eventually it does go.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Your diet, and the amount of fats and all will get you where you want to be... lets see what you ate yesterday..

list all of it..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Ruger is offline New Member
    Zone Perfect Bar and sugar free Red Bull ~ 7:30am.

Pure Protein protein bar. ~ 10:30am.

Oven roasted chicken breast 1/4 lb on light wheat bread and 4 Peanut Butter Crackers ~ 1:30.

Hamburger Caserole (85% lean beaf, fried onions, corn, and macaroni) 1 plate with a little ketchup and hot sauce

thestudent is offline Associate Member
    I would say ditch the protein bar and opt for a lean protein such as tuna. And go with real food at breakfast such as eggs. 85% lean beef has a lot of fat if trying to cut.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Ruger, have you looked at the cutting diet sticky at the top of the forum?
    there you will find a good sample diet that you can tailor to your needs. when ur done doing that, post your diet and the bros here will critique it!
    i'm glad to see ur motivated! kick ass brotha!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    wow, not enough food, not the correct type,

do the sticky for cutting... it's proven to be effective...

good luck
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Thread Information