BLAZE K is offline Associate Member

why is it so important to only run at 65% heartrate to burn fat?

i usually do the oliptic machine for cardio in the mornings but why is it important to keep it at only 65%? i hardly sweat and it feels like im walking same on the treadmill im basically walking and i dont get a good cardio workout i feel i usually get my heartrate to 145-155 but is that wrong to burn fat? also any ECA suggestions? ive been taking lean system 7 but wanna try something new redline? xcience?

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAZE K
    i usually do the oliptic machine for cardio in the mornings but why is it important to keep it at only 65%? i hardly sweat and it feels like im walking same on the treadmill im basically walking and i dont get a good cardio workout i feel i usually get my heartrate to 145-155 but is that wrong to burn fat? also any ECA suggestions? ive been taking lean system 7 but wanna try something new redline? xcience?
    the whole reason people dont like going above 65% is to spare muscle from being used as an energy source...if you go above lets say 70% you will burn fat but will also burn muscle...ive never tried it but i know a few people on here like high intensity intervals.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    here is the way i understand it but someone smarter than me correct me if i'm wrong.

we'll assume the fasted state since that is the most beneficial way to do it: your body is being fueled by FFA's (free fatty acids), now these fatty acids get the job done, but protein can be used and it doesn't take too much of a jolt to tell your body to incorporate the protein. So when you elevate your heart rate by only about 60-65% your body says "hey, we can probably use these FFA's to fuel this activity but we will need them in BULK and since we don't have carbs we will use fat which is second in command in terms of fuel" so as long as you keep your activity (low-moderate to moderate), you body will not need to dig into the protein for fuel.

my take on it... nOva

chest6 is offline Banned
    I personally don't ever go above 70%. I did 75% for awhile last time I was cutting and noticed a bit of muscle loss. I didn't really have any muscle loss at all when I stayed at 70% and below..

BLAZE K is offline Associate Member
    ok i see thanks alot.... i also wanna know how ecas will help burn fat during this time cuz i thought what ecas mostly did was raise your heart rate already so wouldnt it all be doing is just making it easier to get to that 65-70% heartrate? also is there any difference in doing cardio on the bike or on the treadmill or on the oliptic cuz to me the bike is very easy to get through

i like to do a treadmill or sometimes an eliptical because it incorporates your upperbody. but as long as your heart rate is where you want it, it shouldn't matter much.

do a search in the supplement forum about the ECA ebcause i'm not as 100% about that one...

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Yeah you watch all the pro's do cardio and they do it on the treadmill at about, 3.5mph at about a 4-5 incline

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    Yeah you watch all the pro's do cardio and they do it on the treadmill at about, 3.5mph at about a 4-5 incline
    i also see a lot of pros get on the step gauntlet.

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    staying around 70% means you(usually) dont go over your areobic threashold
    which is important.sometimes it is difficult to know your threshold limit so i guage it like this:if you can feel some intensity but you can still hold a conversation down with out getting too out of shape i think thats somewhere within the "zone".

yeah it's commonly referred to as "non-panting" exercise...

kyjelly is offline Banned
    So do you do treadmill for 45 min everyday? I run 3 miles every other day, I guess I should stop, cuz I don't wanna burn muscle??

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    yeah it depends on your goals,i run twice a week on average,not at all when bulking then 3x if im cuttin.

if you want to zone in on fat loss, i wouldn't do the running, i would concentrate on the styles stated above around 65% of your MHR..

Thread Information