kyjelly is offline Banned

Walking To Lose Weight??

I know everyone is saying walk everyday for 45 minutes at 65% MHR. But does this actually work? It seems like whenever I walk, nothing happens. Am I stupid? Or is the fat loss just not "burning" into my muscle.

**The title, it probably should be Cardio Walking, cuz I don't think its really much weight loss...or is it?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    65-75% MHR is ideal for using fat for fuel, yes.

Been doing it for years myself, and it's never failed me.

~SC~

kyjelly is offline Banned
    So, all you do is walk for 45 min everyday?

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    I just do light elliptical. it has a great heartrate monitor and I can watch Tv also. It took me awhile to get used to the 65% heartrate. Felt like I was doing nothing. At first I was doing balls to the wall cardio and was losing muscle as well. I never felt like 65% was doing anything.But it has been working great.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    do it in the morning before you eat anything...
    post your diet bro... diet is the major factor in weight loss/gain/maintenance...

diezell is offline Senior Member
    i like doing the max ot cardio that ast promotes, 16 minutes all out on a stationary bike.

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    i sometimes power walk for 2hrs,the weight just falls off after a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by kyjelly
    So, all you do is walk for 45 min everyday?
    Does that seem like something abnormal?

~SC~

L.Priest is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Does that seem like something abnormal?

~SC~
    Actually there is quit a bit more to it.....you can walk for 45 mins each day, hell, you can walk for 545minutes each day, but it's not gonna do shite if your diet isn't in check. Also, getting up to 65% is not feasible by plain ol, go outside and "walk"....what sc means is 65% will work but it needs to be 65%. Meaning, treadmill ramped up to 12 degrees + and the speed kicked up....

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by L.Priest
    Actually there is quit a bit more to it.....you can walk for 45 mins each day, hell, you can walk for 545minutes each day, but it's not gonna do shite if your diet isn't in check. Also, getting up to 65% is not feasible by plain ol, go outside and "walk"....what sc means is 65% will work but it needs to be 65%. Meaning, treadmill ramped up to 12 degrees + and the speed kicked up....
    What are you talking about? It doesnt matter how the treadmill is set up, as long as it is set up to keep your heart rate at 65% of you max.

It takes different speeds/inclines/etc. for each and every person to get into that heart rate zone.

Find what it takes to get you into that zone, and do your cardio.

Diet is key in all of it, yes, but I didn't mention it because to me that's common knowledge and is a "given" already.

~SC~

Steve80 is offline Associate Member
    If you walk at a good pace, not stroll, but power walk so u are somewhat outta breath it will work wonders. My mom lost a ton of weight walking like an hour a day.

L.Priest is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WHOADY4SHOADY
    What are you talking about? It doesnt matter how the treadmill is set up, as long as it is set up to keep your heart rate at 65% of you max.
    I understand that dude and that wasnt the pt of my post. 65% is not a leisurely stroll. Many people overestimate just how hard they are working....you should invest in a heart monitor. Never realized how much more I could push myself until I used mine. You should be able to speak, but not sing, basic rule of thumb.

Thread Information