Thread: lovehandles

xenithon is offline Member

lovehandles

hi guys,

i would just like to know what u think is the best exercises to get rid of lovehandles. i know that obviously the best thing is a low carb high protein high cardio diet as with normal cutting, but when i have tried that the fat does go from the stomach and other areas, just not love handles, so i just wanna know how you target/burn fat around the lovehandles and also especially the lower back (only at the sides, just behind the love handles). thanks all!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

Re: lovehandles

Originally posted by xenithon

to get rid of lovehandles.
    Lots and lots of duct tape!!

Seriously bro...you can't spot reduce. I too am genetically pre-disposed to walk around with love handles when I'm carrying extra wieght. As a matter of fact that is the first place I see fat gather (after being lean) and the last place the fat disappears from when I'm leaning out. It is possible to work your oblique muscles and seratus muscles but if those mucles increase in size they will make the extra BF more pre-dominant. The only thing you can do to get rid of them id diet and cardio.

Pete

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Absolutely Pete .....

These programs on TV showing ab devices of all kinds ...Get the stomach you been wanting ....What a JOKE ,,,,

You will never see abs at all if you don't already by doing any amount of stomach work ...

Your problem brother ( just a guess ) is that you see weight loss everywhere but where you want it off ... If your diet is good you will eventually see those abs over time ....

When losing fat , a thin layer is taken off the entire body .... This leaves the heaviest fat areas ( although some has been taken off ) for last ... At this point your progress may seem to slow , but keep at it ... Won't be long ....\\

Dieting is the KEY to success

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Fat deposits are pulled (for the most part) equally from the body.

Some of us are genetically predisposed to carry a little more luv in some places than others.

Eat right and do your cardio. Eventually, you will get there.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i'm with you pete. love handles are a shitty fact of life

xenithon is offline Member
    hi guys

the problem is until i was about 16 i weighed about 90kgs, OF FAT!! that was a shady part in my life

i managed to diet and train to get rid of it and got down to 73kg (at that point ppl though i was waaaay too thin so i had to stop). i have worked my way up now to a fairly lean 83kg over the past 2 or so years. thing is there are some fat deposits only around very lower abs, lovehandles and lower back. my arms and chest areas have about 0.5% fat and I just cant get rid of the excess around waist. also i think a problem may be that my skin was very stretched, and now it could not go back to its tightness from before. any ideas on how to combat this? i am actually at about 9% bf so i dont want to have to cut though diet and cardio to about 5% just to get the lovehandles cause i fear too much muscle loss (and its precious mucle )!

thanks for any help!

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    What, you mean the Abtronic doesn't really work??? LOL

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Maybe Yohimbine HCL. Look into it. It gets rid of "stubborn" fat.

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum...threadid=37299

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    The Luvies are a good barometer for how hard you are hitting it at the gym.

I too am predisposed for 'em. But instead of hating them I kinda use them to tell me when my diet slips or my cardio is falling off some. So if I can see 'em and feel 'em. I just turn it up a notch at the gym. It can be great motivation.

mj

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Everything said here is true

You know what I tell EVERYONE...it won't take you as long to get rid of them as it did to get them...but it will take a LOT more work! Keep doin the cardio and eventually you'll get rid of it.

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    LOVE HANDLES HELL I KNOW YOU ALL HAVE HEARD THE TERM SPARE TIRE WELL I HAVE A SPARE TRACTOR TIRE GOING ON DOWN THERE NEVER GOT IT UNTILL I STARTED DRINKING BEER EVERY WEEKEND W/ MY ROOMATE LUCKY HIGH METABLISM MOTHER FU**ER DONT REALLY HAVE FAT ANY WHERE ELSE BUT THERE JUST KEEP UP THE DIET AND THE CARDIO IT WILL GO AWAY OHH YEA AND DONT DRINK BEER !

Is that like the "6 pack...hell I got a whole KEG" Yeah bro we hear ya.

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by dumbells101
    Is that like the "6 pack...hell I got a whole KEG" Yeah bro we hear ya.
    KEG MAN I HEAR YA IFYOU GOT A TAP WE CAN TAP THE BUDDAH RIGHT NOW AND STICK IT IN MY NAVAL HAVE ENOUGH BEER FOR THE WHOLE BOARD

Truth is that everyday I have clients asking me "How long will it take me to lose this" They think it comes easy because they gained it easy. NOPE you have to work your tail off and make sacrifices that are HARD! I say how bad do you want it! Then shut up and quit whining!

MarkyMark is offline Member
    How true DB ..... When a guy has to lose 60lbs and thinks a couple days in the gym for a few weeks will do it ..... No such luck FAT BOY ..... Here is your diet and give 6-10 months ....hehe
    if a guy sole purpose is to lose weight and not keep muscle ...well we can do that much faster ,,, but who here wants to sacrifice muscle mass that was so hard to attain .... What the hell is weightwatchers ...... We all see your fat ....hehe

You wanna here a funny story ? well shut up I will tell it anyway ...
    I know a lady that is a bit of a ( know it all ) she is about 60+ lbs overweight ... she is told by my wife that we are dieting ... well she mozies right over to inform me on the appropriate method of dieting .... Trying not to hurt her feelings I just stood there .... She had not the first clue on dieting ..especially the type of dieting we are all doing .... She is telling me about weightwatchers ...and there point system ...( I can point and eat that ,, Oh I am pointing at that .... hehe ) she says I don't start my points til Night ... ( your not supposed to eat late on WW , but oh well, i kept listening ,, ) she went on ... I find it very easy to diet this way , I can have a bottle of wine and eat whatever I want , I really cant eat all the points , and then I can sleep till mid afternoon the next day to start all over again ...
    This is the type of Moronic thinking out there guys !!!! Somebody must help these lost and fat souls .... hehe

Good luck everyone on your goals

Thread Information