DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

knee pain....lunges?

This week my knee has been really sore.....stiff. It hurts when I keep it in the same position for a long period of time. For example like driving to work 40 mins. When I walk around on it there really is no pain. I just did heavy squats (which never bothered me) then I did something new throwing in some lunges also. Would lunges effect the knees a lot? normally on my squats I only go parallel and they never bother me.

deepinsideofme is offline Female Member
    Heavy squats and sitting in the car for 40 mins. would make anyone knees sore. Unless you did your lunges incorrectly, it's the sitting in one position with your knees that's giving you the problems.....

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    lunges shouldt effect the knees,not ike that, but hey thishappens with age, my workouthasnt changed much, i squat way bellow paralell and have had no probelms for yearsmnow tha i am older i have the same pain as you describe. try taking, glucosamine with MSM and chodritin, it really helps me

Steve80 is offline Associate Member
    I hate lunges. My knee was fine. I started doing them and it felt like something was ripping under the knee cap. Now I am on a break from legsfor like a month till it feels better.

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I've recently stopped doing lunges cos it taxed my knees.

Testostack is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    lunges shouldt effect the knees,not ike that, but hey thishappens with age, my workouthasnt changed much, i squat way bellow paralell and have had no probelms for yearsmnow tha i am older i have the same pain as you describe. try taking, glucosamine with MSM and chodritin, it really helps me
    what doses would ya recommend for MSM? and Glucosamine?
    Got mine yesterday but i'd better take the right dose, don't wanna spoil some!

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    This week my knee has been really sore.....stiff. It hurts when I keep it in the same position for a long period of time. For example like driving to work 40 mins. When I walk around on it there really is no pain. I just did heavy squats (which never bothered me) then I did something new throwing in some lunges also. Would lunges effect the knees a lot? normally on my squats I only go parallel and they never bother me.
    If it hurts your knee, check your technique first. If your technique is good, try another exercise. Have you done Bulgarian Squats (single-leg squats with the back foot on a bench)? What about split squats (lunges without a dynamic aspect)? Step-Ups? Etc.

Thread Information