venomm is offline Associate Member

crappy arms or not so?

My arms kinda suck as my shoulders overpower in size as compare to my arms and make my arms look small they are about 16 inch when i flex(about 15.5 without flex). im starving for more boost in my arms, my triceps r alrite but look like biceps have never peeked out(little peak. i just want them to look good.

And for biceps i do them after back and i do these
    pullups
    Barbell curls
    hammer curls
    incline dumbell curls

Is there any way to get my arms more proportionate? I think I just got screwed over on genetics...maybe...i odnt know
    any comments or critique
    love to hear

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by venomm
    My arms kinda suck as my shoulders overpower in size as compare to my arms and make my arms look small they are about 16 inch when i flex(about 15.5 without flex). im starving for more boost in my arms, my triceps r alrite but look like biceps have never peeked out(little peak. i just want them to look good.

And for biceps i do them after back and i do these
    pullups
    Barbell curls
    hammer curls
    incline dumbell curls

Is there any way to get my arms more proportionate? I think I just got screwed over on genetics...maybe...i odnt know
    any comments or critique
    love to hear
    seems like you are overtraining them...after back you do 3 different exercises for biceps and im assuming a minimal 9 total sets for biceps. you gotta find what works for you though...try only doing 6 sets for a few weeks but really conentrate on contraction and squeezing at the top...if you want peaks then you need to do peak exercises like concentration curls. i did biceps with my triceps and delts today and i did 2 warmup sets of 15 reps on incline dumbell curls and then 3 working sets of 8...then i did 3 sets of really slow preacher curls and i actually let my arms go as far down as they can go and then really squeeze at the top..i hadnt done preacher curls in forever and i got some really painful pumps...then afterwards i grabbed a 35 pound cambered bar and did 50 reps...i got to 25 reps, put the weight down for 4 seconds and shook out my arms, picked it back up and got to 37, put it back down for 4 seconds and shook out my arms, picked it back up and go to 47, guess what i did next, then i picked it back up and got to 50. TALK ABOUT A PUMP AND A GREAT WAY TO SHOCK THE HELL OUTTA YOUR BICEPS!

thnx for the feedback, yea i do 9 sets of bi's after back...and lately im thinkin of changing my routine i.e to do bi's wit tri's just for a change or shud i do them with back as im doing wit lower sets?
    love to hear more comments

diezell is offline Senior Member
    i would do youre arms before youre back... make sure youre doing heavy sets 4-6 reps... i dont think youre overtraining i do 9 sets aswell but before back

so before the back? but ive been told and read almost in every post that bi's workout shud be followed by back as while doin back your biceps are already cooked. sure i can try them before just for a change to see the difference..
    thnx mate

Quote Originally Posted by diezell
    i would do youre arms before youre back... make sure youre doing heavy sets 4-6 reps... i dont think youre overtraining i do 9 sets aswell but before back
    4-6 reps is too low...thats more like strength training and not training for hypertrophy.

Quote Originally Posted by venomm
    so before the back? but ive been told and read almost in every post that bi's workout shud be followed by back as while doin back your biceps are already cooked. sure i can try them before just for a change to see the difference..
    thnx mate
    i really like doing them with tris and some people swear by supersetting the two muscles together.

yea im gonna try that split for few weeks now
    anyone else have anything to add or critique

JNel04 is offline Associate Member
    if u like ur back/bi routine u can always continue that w/ what ever tweaks u want to add but then say every three weeks or so u switch it to bi/tri to get a lil more focus on ur bi's. or just the other way around go bi/tri for 2 weeks and then go to back/bi for the third week. just an idea.

i would not suggest doing bi's before back. if i do this my bi's are far too taxed to lift the weights necessary for my back. After doing pull ups, i can tell my bi's are lagging in my rows, which is why i switch up pull ups and rows periodically for my first exercise. This is just my opinion. I know that i would not benefit from doing bi's before back.

primetime1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    i really like doing them with tris and some people swear by supersetting the two muscles together.
    ive done this in the past with good progress. its nuts how your whole arm is pumped like crazy from super settin both muscles.

ive switched to back and bis for now but only 6 sets of bis, after i kill them doin back..

TADOLFI is offline Member
    Work arms separately when ever possible.
    Always leave your mass exercises as they are - Mass exercises
    My opinion is that you will actually grow arms more if you keep back by itself without doing biceps afterward. You should use all the fuel in your tank to get the back done and not have to worry about having gas left to do biceps.
    It's the same for chest and triceps.

If you can work arms alone - try it for about six weeks and see what you think.
    I think you'll notice gains in strength first and then you'll start to notice some mild pumps in Triceps and Biceps on the back and chest days.
    Once you get to that point it is time to switch some of the exercises you do for arms and the growth will start (Shock of the change in routine).
    You'll have to experiment a little with the sets and reps.
    I would do a base of 8-9 sets for each and vary reps from 6 - 8 depending on the exercise.

Just remember - the pump isn't what grows the muscle in all cases, but intensity kicks butt! Stay intense and focused and try for perfect form.

GQplaya is offline Associate Member
    yes i agree... i always used to do back/bis chest/tris etc. then i seperated them by doin shoulders,bis,and tris in an hour an 20 min work out. my arms got so much bigger people actually noticed and said "how did u get ur arms bigger like that" it really works and i can focus more on my arms when im not training it with another major muscle group. and my arms have always had the short end of the stick, so i found away around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TADOLFI
    Work arms separately when ever possible.
    Always leave your mass exercises as they are - Mass exercises
    My opinion is that you will actually grow arms more if you keep back by itself without doing biceps afterward. You should use all the fuel in your tank to get the back done and not have to worry about having gas left to do biceps.
    It's the same for chest and triceps.

If you can work arms alone - try it for about six weeks and see what you think.
    I think you'll notice gains in strength first and then you'll start to notice some mild pumps in Triceps and Biceps on the back and chest days.
    Once you get to that point it is time to switch some of the exercises you do for arms and the growth will start (Shock of the change in routine).
    You'll have to experiment a little with the sets and reps.
    I would do a base of 8-9 sets for each and vary reps from 6 - 8 depending on the exercise.

Just remember - the pump isn't what grows the muscle in all cases, but intensity kicks butt! Stay intense and focused and try for perfect form.

thnx for the input but i kinda thinkin off doin them jus on there own
    i.e this routine
    chest
    back
    off
    shoulders
    arms
    legs
    off
    i know its bin told that working them wit a major muscle group give more kick as workin them on there own
    but jus for a change i wanna switch to this routine...
    if any1 can critisize it and suggest something better, i'll be glad to hear.

Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    Notice that everything precedes with "it has been suggested" see what work for u and run with it, personally I like to do bi's and tri's because when I do bi's a I tax them and I dont have to worry about leaving anything in the tank for back, or taxing my bi's while doing back, I can let loose on my bi's and just beat the shit outta them, without worrying it it will affect any other muslce group training, in my opinion that is the key to any training split...

Thread Information