Thread: Chest/back

buja is offline Junior Member

Chest/back

Been looking at lifting routines to come up with a good one for putting on some mass. In one that i like they put back and chest together on the same day. It is a more high intensity less volume kind of approach. looking for comments or experince with this.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    If it different than anything you have done before, i can almost guarantee you will see results due to the system shock you will receive in a new training regiment. in about 3 weeks i will be doing bi's/chest & tris/back together seeing as i have never done it beofre and i want to give it a try...

i dont do chest and back because i would never get out of there in under two hours

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GunTotingHipGangster
    i dont do chest and back because i would never get out of there in under two hours
    With less volume like he said, he could still be outta there in an hour

With this program...how many sets and reps do they have you do?

The only way I would train in this manner is if it were more of a strength routine, where you hit Chest/Back twice per week.

More details on program...

Also, Nova makes a good point in saying that anytime you make considerable changes in a routine you will make gains...you are doing something that your body has not yet adapted to.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Ive done it and I like it as long as it is done with super sets...each time you go to one muscle you are stretching the opposite muscle...chest is opposite of back you see?

^^^When I am training Chest or Shoulders (upperbody press) I spend alot of time between sets hanging from a lat pulldown or chin up bar....it feels good to stretch, at the same time it takes some of the pressure out of my shoulder joints from the heay preesing movements.

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    Ive done it and I like it as long as it is done with super sets...each time you go to one muscle you are stretching the opposite muscle...chest is opposite of back you see?
    i almost always superset my chest+back. this has done wonders for me.

soccer#3 is offline Anabolic Member
    i personally would never put chest and back together on the same day. two big muscle groups need a day for each... but thats just me

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    tried it, didnt like it

chest6 is offline Banned
    I've also tried it and I don't like it at all, but with less volume who knows. How many sets are we talking here?

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    it does work if you use less volume, i am a fan of less volume, but with less volume, you must increase the intensity of the weights lifted. i myself could never make an entire day of just back, i like to sneak lat work in on odd days and just 3- 5 sets fo 10 reps or so and change exercises evey wk, i do not do lats on the day i do chest, i do them on my deadlift day and again on my squat day/leg day. i train a bit different than a body builder, but i train lats for hypertrophy and size , just like a body builder and i find that 2 seperate days works better than just one day of lats

buja is offline Junior Member
    http://67.18.108.244/showthread.php?t=209429 this is the link to the workout that i am interested in. I have posted a question about the whole workout so feel free to take a look. The volume is two supersets of chest and two supersets of back. 5 reps as heavy as possible for the first excercise (like bench) and then 5 reps very slow of a lighter load of another excerceise(like flys) do this five times and then move on to another for chest in the same manner and then back i the same way also. (probably not the best explaination but the link will help) My goal is to put on mass, strenght would be an added bonus. I only care about strength so i can move more wieght to help me grow.

Thread Information