yodaddy is offline Associate Member

same time every day

do you people think working out the same time every day or wokring out different times every day makes any diff at all.....because i have heard both sides and just a thought ?......thanks

JNel04 is offline Associate Member
    i think everybody has their own personal preference of when they like to work out. some in the morning, some at night. personally i'm more of a night person so i go later. and the fact that the gym is a lil more empty makes it nice.

i think i read a post a lil bit ago w/ something about ur test levels being higher in the morning so i guess you could benefit by hittin the weights in the mornin. if i'm wrong somebody please feel free to correct me.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by JNel04
    i think i read a post a lil bit ago w/ something about ur test levels being higher in the morning so i guess you could benefit by hittin the weights in the mornin. if i'm wrong somebody please feel free to correct me.

Hormones such as testosterone and cortisol vary during the day. Testosterone, for example, peaks in the morning and drops at the end of the day.

Resting levels of cortisol are also higher in the morning and lower in the evening. But the cortisol response to exercise is lower in the early evening7.00pm compared with the morning.

In other words, the testosterone-cortisol ratio (when testosterone levels are highest relative to cortisol levels) is higher in the early evening than it is in the morning. This, in theory at least, makes the evening the least "catabolic" time to train.....
    Last edited by S.P.G; 03-23-2006 at 08:10 AM.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by JNel04
    i think everybody has their own personal preference of when they like to work out
    I agree its up to the person.

One person may feel good to train in the morning the next may opt for the afternoon...

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    Hormones such as testosterone and cortisol vary during the day. Testosterone, for example, peaks in the morning and drops at the end of the day.

Resting levels of cortisol are also higher in the morning and lower in the evening. But the cortisol response to exercise is lower in the early evening7.00pm compared with the morning.

In other words, the testosterone-cortisol ratio (when testosterone levels are highest relative to cortisol levels) is higher in the early evening than it is in the morning. This, in theory at least, makes the evening the least "catabolic" time to train.....
    i have always read that it is best to train in the morning because testosterone is at its highest and cortisol is at its lowest...ive also read that working out at night can screw with your adrenal glands but im assuming it would have to be very late for that to happen.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Being in school, I have to workout when i can...some weeks it's the same time, some weeks it isnt. if you have free time...workout when you feel the most energized and ready to go..

TheRel33 is offline Banned
    i always like to train later in the day because i have food in me. when i first wake up i have nothing to fuel my workout other than liquids

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRel33
    i always like to train later in the day because i have food in me. when i first wake up i have nothing to fuel my workout other than liquids
    what about egg whites and wheat bagels with fat free cream cheese? that gives me plenty of fuel every single day.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Used to work out in the evening, and back than hated working out in the mornings, or afternoons..

lately been working out in the mornings and would hate to work out in the evenings n afternoons..

so i think habit has the most do with it. Body hates change.. but change is good, so maybe it would be cool to shift it around a bit, shock the body..

the only drawback would be a lot of shitty workout session u'd have to push yourself thru. What don't kill u makes u stronger tho.

Thread Information