Thread: Strength Loss.

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member

Strength Loss.

Hi, I have been cutting for a while now and have lost 22 lbs. in 10 weeks. I have also lost a lot of strength also. Example: Before cut, chest barbell flat, 245 12, 265 8 force to 10, 285 6 force to 8. Now I am 245 8 force to 10 and 255 6 force to 8. I have gone down 30 lbs. That is just one example but everything is going down. My chest is looking better from the fat loss and I don't really care about strength a lot just size but it is bothering me a little. My diet is better than it has ever been. Only 2400 cals with 250g protein. I do cardio tues thurs and sat. 45 min 65 % empty stomach. Chest is on wednesday between cardio which might contribute. Just wanted to know if this happens to anyone else? Starting my cycle as soon as I cut so will bounce back and then some but my mental state is suffering some. Thanks for the input.

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Im starting to think it has a lot to do with genetics...some people actually get stronger when cutting...

I myself...not sure my body is weird...sometimes Im strong other times Im weak simple as that...keep going...if your looking for the best physique I wouldnt worry about the strength

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    I don't really care. It just is demoralizing to drop down in weight. When I start eating more and less cardio I think I will get it back and then some.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcFly
    I don't really care. It just is demoralizing to drop down in weight. When I start eating more and less cardio I think I will get it back and then some.
    A four rep drop is not that bad...could be worse. ..you kinda have to expect that on some lifts

FullMoonHowlingWolf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcFly
    Hi, I have been cutting for a while now and have lost 22 lbs. in 10 weeks. My chest is looking better from the fat loss and I don't really care about strength a lot just size but it is bothering me a little. Just wanted to know if this happens to anyone else? Starting my cycle as soon as I cut so will bounce back and then some but my mental state is suffering some. Thanks for the input.
    What’s happening to you is normal. It's happened to me and too many bodybuilders I know. It’s hard to maintain strength when cutting and since you say your chest is looking better already and you don’t really care about strength, I believe you just need to focus and be positive. After all you state you are looking better, you’re diets the best it’s been and you are going on a cycle soon. Try to keep focused, as mind set plays an important role in your progress.

Thread Information