Question cardio: how many times??

How many times a week should you do cardio when your "cutting up" with a low carb diet??

How long should the cardio sessions be??

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Define: low carb diet...

for cardio I run sprints 5 days a week for 30 to 45mins...

3 days low carb one day high carb for 12 weeks
    i heard 4 times a week for 45 mins is good??

Quote Originally Posted by freak_of_nature_86
    3 days low carb one day high carb for 12 weeks
    i heard 4 times a week for 45 mins is good??
    Thats actually exactly what I do...your cardio plan looks good aswell...if your cutting it maybe good to do it 5-7days though...but yes I would do it for 45-60mins...

what will your cardio look like BTW? (morning empty stomach/after weights/other)

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    Thats actually exactly what I do...your cardio plan looks good aswell...if your cutting it maybe good to do it 5-7days though...but yes I would do it for 45-60mins...

what will your cardio look like BTW? (morning empty stomach/after weights/other)
    some days it'll be first thing in the morning some days maybe in the afternoon or evening but i wouldnt do it with weights, do it a seperate time of the day

i like to use a different machine every session, i use the stairmaster, treadmill and the bike
    Last edited by freak_of_nature_86; 03-25-2006 at 09:48 PM.

sounds good...only thing: when its in the afternoon be sure to wait about 3hrs after eating your meal...it helps to get you into more of fat burning state...

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    sounds good...only thing: when its in the afternoon be sure to wait about 3hrs after eating your meal...it helps to get you into more of fat burning state...
    3 hours sounds long, what about 2?

Quote Originally Posted by freak_of_nature_86
    3 hours sounds long, what about 2?
    Im not sure about that...personally I wouldnt do it at all unless I was working sprints...because my goal with sprints isnt to burn fat right then necessarily...it is to put my body into a state of fat burn that lasts long after Im done...2 hours might be plenty but I dont like guessing etc...perhaps you could try getting a "sprint like" affect from cycling or the stairmachine...30sec high intensity/2min low intensity...

copenhagen is offline Member
    when i did my plan similar to yours FON86, i started with 30 minutes of a.m. cardio and worked my way up to 50 minutes over time. i also introduced fat burning supplements after a couple weeks of cardio. i started with one week of half dosage then upped it to full dosage after the first week. it worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by copenhagen
    when i did my plan similar to yours FON86, i started with 30 minutes of a.m. cardio and worked my way up to 50 minutes over time. i also introduced fat burning supplements after a couple weeks of cardio. i started with one week of half dosage then upped it to full dosage after the first week. it worked great.
    have you ever used animal cuts? i tried that last time i was cutting up and it got me cutt pretty fast

Thread Information