KingMike is offline Associate Member

How do you fel after cardio?

I do it outside and it has been cold lately but I get my HR up to 75-80% for 55 minutes every morning of the week on empty and when I am done I am hardly sweating and feel like I have done nothing. Does this mean I am in good shape or slow cardio will not work for me anymore becasue I have been doing it for 6 months.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    probably because it's cold outside...75%-80% is too intense for an am empty cardio session lasting 55minutes IMO...

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    After I do it I feel great. Gives me energy for the entire day. Or maybe that is the ECY?

morning I had my HR steady at around 130-140 BPS and for 25 minutes had it at 160-180 BPS and felt like I lost 2 pounds of fat. I did sweat and feel better and my HR is still up. I know this is considered wrong but is it possible that after all the cardio I have done over the months that I have to get my HR up higher to be effective?

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by KingMike
    morning I had my HR steady at around 130-140 BPS and for 25 minutes had it at 160-180 BPS and felt like I lost 2 pounds of fat. I did sweat and feel better and my HR is still up. I know this is considered wrong but is it possible that after all the cardio I have done over the months that I have to get my HR up higher to be effective?
    no you shouldn't have to get your heart rate up higher for it to be more effective, but you should have to work a little harder to get your heart rate up period. maybe tweak your diet, or do more cardio...are you takinging any supps?

I drink a few cups of coffee and take 1 caffeine pill in the morning then hit the road 30 minutes later. Light jog and some fat walking gets me up to 135-140 BPS and then I keep walking or jump on the bike to keep it there for 45-55 minutes. I only take in pwo carbs for 1 meal after working out and eat protein/fat the rest of the meals. I have not had a refeed for 4 weeks and have not had cheat foods for 8 weeks or more. I feel depleted but really want to lose fat. That is it, other than the Coke with splenda, vitamins and another caffeine pill before working out. I have not had a rest day for 26 days. Cardio every morning and weight Monday through Friday. Calories stay at 2100-2250 and on Sunday I raise them to 2700 and eat some beef. I am 6', 180 pounds and 13-15 % BF.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i feel ... FAT

Thread Information