-DedicateD- is offline Member

Back Workout: Which is Better

I currently have 2 Back workouts that i rotate each week on my back day Im curious to some opinions if i should continue the way i have been, or to switch up and try something new by combining them??? (btw i know its a high volume, and repetative at points)

Workout A (All Wide Grip)

Weighted Wide Grip Pullups: warmup,10, 8, 6

Wide-Grip Barbell Rows: warmup, warmup, 10, 8, 6

Extra Wide Pulldowns & Standing Pullover Variation Superset:
    Pulldown: 10, 8, 6
    Pullover: 10,10, 10

Seated Wide Grip Cable Rows: 10, 8, 6

Hyperextensions (weighted): 15, 12, 12, 10

Workout B (All Narrow Grip)

Neutral Grip weighted Pullups: warmup, warmup, 10, 8, 6

Close Grip T-Bar Row: warmup, warmup, 10, 8, 6

Close Grip Pulldown: 10, 8, 6

One arm DB Row: 12, 12, 12 (lack of heavy enough DB's in gym)

Deadlifts: warmup, warmup, 10, 8, 6, 4

The reason I split up my back workouts was to be able to incorperate a large number of exercises for my back without cramming them all into one workout, I have been doing it this way for awhile and would love to be able to mix things up alittle bit, any advice or recommendations would be well appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by -DedicateD-
    I currently have 2 Back workouts that i rotate each week on my back day Im curious to some opinions if i should continue the way i have been, or to switch up and try something new by combining them??? (btw i know its a high volume, and repetative at points)

Weighted Wide Grip Pullups: warmup,10, 8, 6

Wide-Grip Barbell Rows: warmup, warmup, 10, 8, 6

Pulldown: 10, 8, 6

Seated Wide Grip Cable Rows: 10, 8, 6

Hyperextensions (weighted): 15, 12, 12, 10

Neutral Grip weighted Pullups: warmup, warmup, 10, 8, 6

Close Grip T-Bar Row: warmup, warmup, 10, 8, 6

Close Grip Pulldown: 10, 8, 6

One arm DB Row: 12, 12, 12 (lack of heavy enough DB's in gym)

Deadlifts: warmup, warmup, 10, 8, 6, 4

The reason I split up my back workouts was to be able to incorperate a large number of exercises for my back without cramming them all into one workout, I have been doing it this way for awhile and would love to be able to mix things up alittle bit, any advice or recommendations would be well appreciated.
    i think both have some good things with them
    this is what i would change differently, take it or leave it, just throwing it out there

wide grip weighted pull ups : 10, 8
    close grip weighted pull ups: 8, 6
    bent over rows : 10, 8, 8, 6
    T-bar: 6, 6
    Pull downs: 6, 6
    dead lifts :10, 8, 6, 6

i have found that the heavier reps in the t-bars and the pull downs really work my lats and rhombs hard...ive seens great gains with it...some people would say it's a lot, but i feel like i need it for my back

Quote Originally Posted by GunTotingHipGangster
    i think both have some good things with them
    this is what i would change differently, take it or leave it, just throwing it out there

wide grip weighted pull ups : 10, 8
    close grip weighted pull ups: 8, 6
    bent over rows : 10, 8, 8, 6
    T-bar: 6, 6
    Pull downs: 6, 6
    dead lifts :10, 8, 6, 6

i have found that the heavier reps in the t-bars and the pull downs really work my lats and rhombs hard...ive seens great gains with it...some people would say it's a lot, but i feel like i need it for my back
    Not bad, the main reason I split up the workouts was to eliminate extremely repetative movements... Example: the vertical pull of close grip and wide grip pullups seemed repetative as in orde rot achieve the benefit of either, the a mount of sets needed would be too high....and the horizontal pulling of t-bar and bb rows...same reason i split them apart in my workouts...i know i wanna do something i just cant figure out what yet

Not bad, the main reason I split up the workouts was to eliminate extremely repetative movements... Example: the vertical pull of close grip and wide grip pullups seemed repetative as in orde rot achieve the benefit of either, the a mount of sets needed would be too high....and the horizontal pulling of t-bar and bb rows...same reason i split them apart in my workouts...i know i wanna do something i just cant figure out what yet
    valid points
    i like your routine though...im done with school in 5 weeks, i am planning on changing everything in my routine for a shock, i think i'm going to try your back routine..maybe a few very small changes...i'll let you know how it goes

valid points
    i like your routine though...im done with school in 5 weeks, i am planning on changing everything in my routine for a shock, i think i'm going to try your back routine..maybe a few very small changes...i'll let you know how it goes

definatly do, the problem with having such a variety of exercises is that i can never reccomend anything specific for people to do, bc im doing so many different things. im never exactly sure what is causing what to grow???

Weighted Wide Grip Pullups: warmup,10, 8, 6 upper lats

Wide-Grip Barbell Rows: warmup, warmup, 10, 8, 6 rhomboids

Pulldown: 10, 8, 6 upper lats

Seated Wide Grip Cable Rows: 10, 8, 6 rhomboids

Hyperextensions (weighted): 15, 12, 12, 10 lower back

Neutral Grip weighted Pullups: warmup, warmup, 10, 8, 6 lats

Close Grip T-Bar Row: warmup, warmup, 10, 8, 6 rhomboids, lower lats

Close Grip Pulldown: 10, 8, 6 lower lats

One arm DB Row: 12, 12, 12 (lack of heavy enough DB's in gym) rhomboids, lats

Deadlifts: warmup, warmup, 10, 8, 6, 4 lower back
    hope that helped

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    definatly do, the problem with having such a variety of exercises is that i can never reccomend anything specific for people to do, bc im doing so many different things. im never exactly sure what is causing what to grow???
    i agree here, this is how i feel all the time, so many exercises are good for back growth it is so hard for me to finalize a routine because of the numerous variations... sometimes i feel like close grip BB rows really work my mid-back, but then i'll do Tbar rows and still have success, it is a struggle sometimes just to find middle ground with exercises...

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    i agree here, this is how i feel all the time, so many exercises are good for back growth it is so hard for me to finalize a routine because of the numerous variations... sometimes i feel like close grip BB rows really work my mid-back, but then i'll do Tbar rows and still have success, it is a struggle sometimes just to find middle ground with exercises...
    exactly, gangsta i know which body part im targeting with each exercise, my problem was that i dont know which specific exercise is doing the best job of building my body the best....but thanks for the help anyway..

i guess aS long as something working and i keep growing it cant be that big of a problem right?

ahhh i got you, my fault

well yeah, like you said if youre still growing, can't be that much of a problem

if youre seeing results i would stick with it until you stop growing, and then look for something different

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    exactly, gangsta i know which body part im targeting with each exercise, my problem was that i dont know which specific exercise is doing the best job of building my body the best....but thanks for the help anyway..

i guess aS long as something working and i keep growing it cant be that big of a problem right?
    if you are progressing than it is fine, you're right... you could just make one workout and substitute only one exercise in for one similiar every couple of weeks just to see if you make any significantly bigger gains with that exercise being the only different one. that is all that comes to mind...

for one cycle, im surprised that you're still gaining mass on anything...good job bro

i envy great genetics

for one cycle, im surprised that you're still gaining mass on anything...good job bro

i envy great genetics
    it was only a superdrol cycle about 3 months ago so it wasnt anything fantastic....only put on about 5lbs or so at the end of it

timtim is offline Member
    you could do something with your rep ranges that will yield better results rather than just focusing on the exercies. i havent done descending sets in so long because there are more high intensity strategies out there that work better.

for strength and power - adds muscle density - 5 x 5, 3 x 5, west side max effort principles, for hypertrophy and growth there are so many ways to change things up. you can do tempo routines, german volume, zig zag, etc.

Thread Information