jixxxer is offline Associate Member

cardio day after leg training...

Was wondering if theres any harm to doing cardio only the day after heavy leg training? I am sore as hell the day after legs and not sure if cardio (consisting of 15min. stair master 15-20min. walk on treadmill 30-40min. max.) is ok or should i be giving my legs complete rest?

Natty99 is offline Member
    Good question bro! I have often wondered this myself. I usually just take a day off after legs. Abs are OK to do!

i do my cardio on leg day, but i dont know, i used to do cardio after leg day aswell, and it didnt seem to be doing any harm, it actually made my legs less sore, i wonder why that was?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I try to stay away from cario on leg day (unless the schedule just doesn't fit), other than that, yes, I do cardio the day after leg day no prob

chest6 is offline Banned
    When I am cutting I will do cardio ed except for leg day. I try to stay pretty sedentary on leg day so I'll have a lot of energy

mitch911 is offline Member
    i do cardio after leg day..i find it reduces the soreness..with that being said its low intensity cardio..none of that HIT stuff

PurplePatriot is offline Associate Member
    No, do not do cardio when your legs have a sore feeling in them. It can overtrain your muscle and hinder your workout useless. When muscles are sore they need complete rest.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    heres one way to think about it. your either hurting recovery or performance. lets say you work legs once a week and do cardio once a week also. you could do the cardio right after (same day) or the day after leg weight training, or you could wait a few days. keep in mind if you wait a few days, it only gives you a few days to recover your legs from the cardio workout till the next leg day(hurting performance) instead of closer to a full week as if you had done them right after the last leg day.
    you get me?
    so you have to see which works for you. i do mine day after leg day.

FullMoonHowlingWolf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jixxxer
    Was wondering if theres any harm to doing cardio only the day after heavy leg training? I am sore as hell the day after legs and not sure if cardio (consisting of 15min. stair master 15-20min. walk on treadmill 30-40min. max.) is ok or should i be giving my legs complete rest?
    If you really feel the need to do cardio the day after legs, then I would suggest doing some very light cardio for approximately 15-20 mins. I do not feel this will hamper your recovery or lead to over training, but in fact may help to release some of the lactic acid and reduce the soreness.

Thread Information