SaintofKillers is offline New Member

Shoulder Pain While Working Chest

As the title says, sometimes when I am working my chest, my shoulders are just on fire. This is most notable during the butterfly exercises. The problem is, no matter how much I take a break, the pain comes back when I start them again and I'm not feeling anything in my chest.

Too much weight? Bad form?

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    be careful, thats how it began for me now i have inflammation in my right shoulder and ive been out of the gym for 10 months, and it still hurts like hell

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    go see a doc, he will probably prescribe u some anti inflammatory and if u take some time off of the gym im sure u will be back in no time

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Do you have rather long arms? I have the same issue, and it's because the shoulders take the brunt of the load when working chest. I've found that by pre-exhausting the pecs first, then going lighter than normal on the pressing movements to make sure the pecs are what is getting worked, seems to work really well for me.

~SC~

the front delts take a beating with flat and incline bench
    do you work shoulders on a seperate day of the week? if so you could possibly be over training them.
    my front delts are becoming too out of proportion compared to the rest of me...i just started throwing 3 sets of over head press and 3 sets of lateral raises on my chest day
    also you could try taking an anti inflamatory 30 minutes before you lift, but remember, this doesnt cure the injury, it just masks it

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    If it is a burning sensation, is it because you are overtraining your upper body? I would recommend posting your weekly workout and let us see if this is the case.

Thread Information