Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Hey Chest man never saw this log before. Good stuff. Good accomplishments as well, your weights look awesome.

If I can ask one thing it would be why so few sets for legs? How do your legs compare to the rest of your body, grow easily etc? I mean the weight you push with legs is good but three exercises seems so little considering you are working quads and hams. Also where do you put calves into your routine?

F*ck, I hope I didnt sound like I was just picking at your routine, like I said it looks good, just curious as to your leg routine brutha.
    Yeah..I know. Honestly, I've been lazy with hams and calves. Haven't trained calves consistently in forever. They're decent sized so I never really did much. Need to start. Hammies I just get lazy I guess. I think 4sets squats and 4 sets of leg press is enough for quads..do you agree..or you think I need more? I need to start hitting up sldl every week more consistently. You'll see I do them sometimes. I guess I'll do them and leg curls. What do you recommend? Exercises and sets wise?? Dont worry bout picking at the routine..thats why I put the log up..to see if ppl had any ideas/help for me

Oh and yeah my legs are like my chest they grow well. I think my quads are around 30" right now and calves around 17.5"

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    chest, i mean... you kick ass man
    thank ya

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Yeah..I know. Honestly, I've been lazy with hams and calves. Haven't trained calves consistently in forever. They're decent sized so I never really did much. Need to start. Hammies I just get lazy I guess. I think 4sets squats and 4 sets of leg press is enough for quads..do you agree..or you think I need more? I need to start hitting up sldl every week more consistently. You'll see I do them sometimes. I guess I'll do them and leg curls. What do you recommend? Exercises and sets wise?? Dont worry bout picking at the routine..thats why I put the log up..to see if ppl had any ideas/help for me

Oh and yeah my legs are like my chest they grow well. I think my quads are around 30" right now and calves around 17.5"
    Sounds like you got great size on your legs man. Anyways to each his own, but my leg routine is a lot more lengthy.

Leg extensions
    Squats
    Leg Press
    Lunges

Stiff-leg deads
    Laying leg curls (on stomach)
    Standing leg curls (if you have the machine)

**I never use the seated leg curl machine, I think its horrible and my knees never seems to flow smoothly on the upward movement (when the muscle is relaxing).

All are 4 sets each, first set is always a little lighter than the rest, squats is usually 6 sets as I pyramid them.

That is enough to get me sore the next day, and I save training my calves for two other days in the week, once with shoulders and once with chest. I traing calves twice per week while everything else once just because they are very difficult to build imo.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I was hopin ud post again was lookin forward to the input. I think I'll try something similar to that next leg session. Mainly I need to hit the hammies harder. Dont have a standing 1 leg curl to my knowledge

chest6 is offline Banned
    Wednesday April 26 2006

Chest/tris

Flat bench
    225x8
    245x8
    275x5
    295x2 +1

Incline db
    80x10
    90x8
    95x6

french press
    70x8
    90x9x2

My partial chest tear is back! this is so discouraging..right when I start cutting. This means my strength is going to go to shit and there is NOTHING I can do about it. All that hard work during 4 months of bulking down the drain. Reason why the workout was so short...

I think next week I'll do light dumbbells with only about 6 sets the whole workout again..do that for 2-3 weeks and see if it gets better

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I was hopin ud post again was lookin forward to the input. I think I'll try something similar to that next leg session. Mainly I need to hit the hammies harder. Dont have a standing 1 leg curl to my knowledge
    Ya the standing one isnt at a ton of gyms, Im fortunate enough to have it, I truly am a believer in it as opposed to those shitty seated ones, the form is never as good unless you have the pad extremely tight against ur legs and even then I never feel it as well.

But ya give the routine a go and see how you like it. Like I said alwys one warm up set for each and then into your regular working weight. Squats are ALWAYS pyramid style for me, partly because I cant take repeated set at 4 or 5 plates with my knees being so bad and also I feel it working more when i up the frequency and lower the weight.

Anyways feel free to hit me up with a PM, Im not online as frequently right now but can def. try to help you out if you want bro.

chest6 is offline Banned
    That sounds good..thanks for the help. I'll have to try that out next week..somethin to look forward to since chest is outta the question

chest6 is offline Banned
    Tuesday April 27 2006

Back

Went light today because Im changing my routine up to make room for arms 2x a week..and Im gonna do back next Tuesday..so didnt wanna overtrain

Back/bis

deadlift
    225x12
    275x12
    315x12

all simple

bent over rows
    135x10
    155x10
    185x8

Vbar pulldowns
    80x10
    120x10
    140x9

Wide bar supiented(sp) seated rows
    100x10
    140x8x2

Standing barbell curls
    65x10
    95x10
    105x7

Incline curls
    30x10
    40x6
    30x8

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    supinated? LOL

chest6 is offline Banned
    Thats it! I'm no english major

chest6 is offline Banned
    Saturday April 29 2006

Early workout cuz I got work til 10pm and rec closes at 8pm ...in a bind for time

Shoulders/tri's

gonna do traps with back on tuesday

Barbell military
    135x8
    185x8
    205x8 first attempt I yanked it off the rack behind me too fast and it flew in front of me and slammed on the safety bars under me...good thing the safety bars were there. I looked around and everyone was looking at me..all I could do was laugh
    225x5

upright rows
    95x8
    115x8
    135x7 easier than last week

french press/overhead tri ext whatever u wanna call em
    70x10
    90x8
    100x8

pushdows
    100x10
    120x10

Experimenting with number of sets with 2x a week arms

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Monday March 20 2006

Chest/tris

db bench
    80x10
    90x8
    100x10
    100x7
    125x0 (I tried to get a kid to put the 25s on top of the 100s and he took literally one minute. He actually put the right one on..then dropped the left one and had to go get it and tried to balance the right one on as he did. I held the 100s at the bottom position for like a total of what seemed 90 seconds..and when he finally got it I couldnt even get one )

db incline
    80x10
    90x8
    95x9
    105x6

decline bb
    185x10
    225x7
    245x3

tri dips
    bw 13

cg bench
    105x8x3
    try this. Cuz i got the same problem with dumbells. they only go up to 100's. use a strap to strap a lighter dumbell to the 100. fit the end of a dumbell into the part of the strap where your wrist goes. and tighten the strap around the dumbell. let it wrap around towards the end of the dumbell though. then, wrap the part of the strap around the dumbell like you normally would a b.b. if you were say deadlifting. make sure you got a hold of the strap, the then bench them that way. so you will have the dumbells hanging off the 100's, the only thing is when you fail, you gotta bail, hopfefully your gym authority wont mind dropping them as softly as possible.

my 2 cents. thought it might work better then resting them on top. i do this for rows all the time. i just use hammer press instead of dumbells as an exercise though

chest6 is offline Banned
    not quite following you here

chest6 is offline Banned
    Monday May 1 2006

Back/traps/Biceps

New routine..doing arms 2x and it will look like this:

Back/Traps/Bi's
    Chest/tris
    Off
    Legs
    Shoulders/arms

Anyway..

I deadlifted 4 days ago just for some maintenance work

Close grip pullups
    bwx15
    bwx12
    bwx8 Should have done weighed but all the chained weightbelts were rented out

Deadlift
    365x5
    405x5
    425x4 Back was pretty weak today since I did deads 4 days ago..not worried

Tbar rows
    4platesx8
    4platesx10
    5platesx9

Wide grip lat pulls
    100x13
    130x6
    120x9

Barbell shrugs in front
    225x10 warm up
    405x10 right strap snapped here...so after this sucked
    425x8 havent done shrugs in like 2 weeks..dont ask me why...seemed harder

Barbell curls
    95x8
    115x4
    115x4 Took Nark's advice and I might cheat a lil more than I should. It is actually helping..I could only get 2 fresh with cheating 2 weeks ago and I was fresh. Now after a whole back workout I get 4..and Im cutting

db hammers
    25x8
    35x8x2

chest6 is offline Banned
    Tuesday May 2 2006

Shoulders r kinna sore..from back yesterday. Kinna strange to be sore from pulling movements.

Chest/tris

db bench
    80x10
    90x10
    100x25 This was surprising easy as hell. Very strange..I think I got less when I was bulking???

Incline db
    90x10x2

Took it easy today..did db's too to let the chest heal up a lil more

Dips
    bw+45lb plate x8x2 These felt like my tri's were still broken down. Scratch Triceps 2wice a week. I will however keep bi's 2x a week because I am seeing results with it

Short session gym closed early..really all I needed to do anyway

Tuesday May 2 2006

Shoulders r kinna sore..from back yesterday. Kinna strange to be sore from pulling movements.
    Chest/tris

db bench
    80x10
    90x10
    100x25 This was surprising easy as hell. Very strange..I think I got less when I was bulking???

Incline db
    90x10x2

Took it easy today..did db's too to let the chest heal up a lil more

Dips
    bw+45lb plate x8x2 These felt like my tri's were still broken down. Scratch Triceps 2wice a week. I will however keep bi's 2x a week because I am seeing results with it

Short session gym closed early..really all I needed to do anyway
    yeah it only stimulates contraction in 2/3rds of the delts and stretches out the anterior delt viciously..

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    yeah it only stimulates contraction in 2/3rds of the delts and stretches out the anterior delt viciously..
    Yeah..rear delts r always sore after back day..but my side delts are never sore. Might have to rethink this Monday-back Tuesday-chest...hmmm

I can never get a good routine

Yeah..rear delts r always sore after back day..but my side delts are never sore. Might have to rethink this Monday-back Tuesday-chest...hmmm

I can never get a good routine
    iron man and DC are TEHSHIT

chest6 is offline Banned
    I think I may try DC...it sounds prettty good to me..

I think I may try DC...it sounds prettty good to me..
    i like ironman betta personally

chest6 is offline Banned
    Thursday May 4 2006

Legs

Stupid fvckin weightroom decided to close 30 mins early

squats
    315x5
    365x5
    405x5
    455x2 wider than normal...had to get really psyched on this one and cut open my forehead a lil bit on the bar Getting weaker..stupid cutting...

Deep squats
    315x5 good lord these r hard. I dont think my body likes going this low..my long ass legs

leg press (deeper than normal, feet 3-5 inches apart)
    540x15
    720x8x2

Then gym closed..with NO warning

Im thinking about doing hamstrings and calves tmr with shoulders....what u guys think??

Thursday May 4 2006

Legs

squats
    315x5
    365x5
    405x5
    455x2 wider than normal...had to get really psyched on this one and cut open my forehead a lil bit on the bar Getting weaker..stupid cutting...

Deep squats
    315x5 good lord these r hard. I dont think my body likes going this low..my long ass legs

540x15
    720x8x2

Im thinking about doing hamstrings and calves tmr with shoulders....what u guys think??
    i think if u did quality squats then your hams were stimulated and there is no need for the extra work on them.. but if ur a pussy squater then yeah

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Thursday May 4 2006

Legs

squats
    315x5
    365x5
    405x5

Deep squats

540x15
    720x8x2

I split hams and quads up............. I would never be able to work my hams as hard if I did them the same day........ This is how I break it up

Day 1 = Chest/shoulders
    Day 2 = Back/Hams/calves
    Day 3 = Arms
    Day 4 = Quads/calves
    Day 5 = Start over
    Day 6 = Off
    Day 7 = Off

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    I split hams and quads up............. I would never be able to work my hams as hard if I did them the same day........ This is how I break it up

Day 1 = Chest/shoulders
    Day 2 = Back/Hams/calves
    Day 3 = Arms
    Day 4 = Quads/calves
    Day 5 = Start over
    Day 6 = Off
    Day 7 = Off
    Damn I might try a variation of that..looks good. Lately I have been slacking on hams because my legs r freakin shot after squats/legpress or squats/lunges..whatever I do for quads that day

i think if u did quality squats then your hams were stimulated and there is no need for the extra work on them.. but if ur a pussy squater then yeah
    Im not a pussy squatter..squat to parallel..kinna tough cuz its so far down..be much easier if I was like 5 8 or something

chest6 is offline Banned
    Friday May 5 2006

Shoulders/ Bi's

Barbell Military
    135x8
    185x8
    205x8
    225x8 Lot stronger than last week

Upright rows
    95x8
    115x8
    135x8 Whole lot better than last week too. Not nearly as much cheating as last week too..plus more reps

Barbell curls
    95x8
    105x8
    115x7 Again..more than last week

Concentration curls..dont ask me why
    30x8
    35x8x2

money31 is offline New Member
    hey chest, noticed you went from push/pull, to arms on there own day, then push/pull + arms in the same split. what did you like/dislike about each?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by money31
    hey chest, noticed you went from push/pull, to arms on there own day, then push/pull + arms in the same split. what did you like/dislike about each?
    Well..I think it may be a little early to tell. My arms are seriously lagging compared to everything else, so this is just an idea I am toying with. Mainly I start with back at the beginning of the weak so I can have ample time for my bi's to recover until I work them again with shoulders on Friday's, while having enough time for lower back to recover til squats, and enough time for my shoulders to recover after I work them on their own 3 days after chest. I did like this week. Granted, I am cutting, but I don't feel like I am overtraining..with the exception of my triceps. My triceps have never been a weakpoint, so I really find no need to work them twice anyway. When I trained triceps after my short chest session on Tuesday, they felt broken down still from when I worked them the previous Saturday. I could probably still get away with it, since I only allowed them to heal 2 days instead of the usual 3, but I am in no rush. Triceps aren't falling behind like biceps. I feel that I need to prioritize my biceps to make them at least average and respectable. I have seen no loss of strength from biceps, so I feel that I can keep going like this. Once again, in the future I may add triceps 2x a week..but if it aint broke don't fix it Back and Chest seem to be feeling fine from it, as well as legs. So far..I'd say I like it..the revised one that is. Sorry for the lengthy response, just appreciative people follow this log

Well..I think it may be a little early to tell. My arms are seriously lagging compared to everything else, so this is just an idea I am toying with. Mainly I start with back at the beginning of the weak so I can have ample time for my bi's to recover until I work them again with shoulders on Friday's, while having enough time for lower back to recover til squats, and enough time for my shoulders to recover after I work them on their own 3 days after chest. I did like this week. Granted, I am cutting, but I don't feel like I am overtraining..with the exception of my triceps. My triceps have never been a weakpoint, so I really find no need to work them twice anyway. When I trained triceps after my short chest session on Tuesday, they felt broken down still from when I worked them the previous Saturday. I could probably still get away with it, since I only allowed them to heal 2 days instead of the usual 3, but I am in no rush. Triceps aren't falling behind like biceps. I feel that I need to prioritize my biceps to make them at least average and respectable. I have seen no loss of strength from biceps, so I feel that I can keep going like this. Once again, in the future I may add triceps 2x a week..but if it aint broke don't fix it Back and Chest seem to be feeling fine from it, as well as legs. So far..I'd say I like it..the revised one that is. Sorry for the lengthy response, just appreciative people follow this log
    i would just like to point out from a lil experience is that my arms gain most growth when i focus the least on them.. i.e. putthing them w/ other coinciding body parts.

chest6 is offline Banned
    i would just like to point out from a lil experience is that my arms gain most growth when i focus the least on them.. i.e. putthing them w/ other coinciding body parts.
    Well..I've done back/biceps forever..and my arms r pathetic

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    ^^^ definately let us know how you like doing them twice a week..... its good that you're at least able to experiment and keep track of everything, see how your body responds..

Keep it up bro. and 15000 posts my god chest.....

chest6 is offline Banned
    Yeah..I need to tone down the AR a bit...

chest6 is offline Banned
    Tuesday May 9 2006

Back/traps/bi's

Wide grip pullups..I really need to get a chained weightbelt
    bodyweight all sets
    15 reps
    9 reps
    5 reps

deadlift
    365x5
    405x5
    455x2 My back is starting to round I think I need to start doing ab work..only thing I can think of

bent over rows
    225x8 warm up
    275x9
    295x8
    315x8

close grip lat pulldowns
    120x8
    150x8x2

bb shrugs in front
    405x8
    425x7
    315x15

preacher curls
    65x8
    85x6
    85x4

hammer curls
    25x8
    30x8
    35x8 cheated a lil on these..but ive been strict forever and I dont see progress

chest6 is offline Banned
    Wednesday May 10 2006

Chest/tris

Worked out with my brother. Hes 18 and never touched a weight in his life so I figured I'd help him out. Workout was extended a bit since I was showing him what to do and stuff..
    Pec is still messed up. I didnt ice at all last week. Not sure If i wanna take a week off at this point or not..

Dumbbell incline
    80x10
    90x10
    100x8

db bench
    80x10
    100x16
    100x13 If all goes as planned..I should be joining a gym soon with their dummbbells up to 120..so we'll see. That should help a little

db overhead extension
    70x10
    100x10
    100x9

skull crushers
    65x10
    85x8

brother was bitching to leave here and my chest hurt so I figured id just leave

Well..I've done back/biceps forever..and my arms r pathetic
    train ur arms FIRST in your regiment on back day and then tri's first on chest day.. u will be amazed at how DIFFERENT everything is.. and promise w/in 3-5 weeks of doing this u will notice some new mucles appearing on ur arms.
    just do 1 or 2 primary mass movments for tri's before doing ur chest and like 1 for bi's before back..

Edit: i mean COME ON if i can get SVT's shoulders to Grow im certian i can get you to put a lil size on ur guns..

MartyMcFly is offline Senior Member
    Yeah..I need to tone down the AR a bit...

I thought you hated to "tone"

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcFly
    I thought you hated to "tone"
    I got a kick outta that

train ur arms FIRST in your regiment on back day and then tri's first on chest day.. u will be amazed at how DIFFERENT everything is.. and promise w/in 3-5 weeks of doing this u will notice some new mucles appearing on ur arms.
    just do 1 or 2 primary mass movments for tri's before doing ur chest and like 1 for bi's before back..

Edit: i mean COME ON if i can get SVT's shoulders to Grow im certian i can get you to put a lil size on ur guns..
    I have actually thought about doing that..just never got around to it. I guess I should nix the second bicep day with shoulders huh?

I got a kick outta that

I have actually thought about doing that..just never got around to it. I guess I should nix the second bicep day with shoulders huh?

chest6 is offline Banned
    huh? I thought it was a good idea..it was a question I wasnt bein sarcastic

chest6 is offline Banned
    Friday May 12 2006

Legs

squats
    315x10
    365x10
    385x10

deep squats
    135x15 just getting a feel for it. I might start doing what Nark does. parallel and deep

leg press..the one at the Y is like a vertical leg press.. i hate it
    450x10
    630x10
    810x7 almost got crushed on the last one

leg curls (pause/squeeze at top)
    90x10
    100x10
    110x10
    120x10
    130x10

Stupid Y doesnt have a platform to stiff leg deadlift off of

seated calf raises (5 second negative, hold 5 seconds at bottom, squeeze at the top)
    2 plates 3 sets of 8

standing calf raises (same)
    175x3x8

calves were dead at the end..limped out of the weightroom. I havent trained calves in forever...need to start

D9S0M is offline Associate Member

Hey Tai,can you make me grow plz lol?

i havent grown in awhile im gettin really pissed off

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread Information