Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member

Work abs harder, bigger gut?

I am trying to get in shape for the summer but I have a long way to go. I know that I will not loose my gut completly, so I am concerned that if I work my abs they will grow and make my gut appear bigger! I am taking 1000 mg a week of enanthate , about to add eq and clen , and this makes me worry even more. Is there anything to worry about? Also, I allways heard that if you overwork a mucle doing high reps it could make mucles smaller. If true, could working my abs everyday doing very high reps burn the fat without mucle growth?

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    you can do abs till your blue in the face. the only way to see them is to get that bf% very low, think sub 11% for most people. that means cardio in the AM on an empty stomach for 45-60 minutes/5 days a week.

your question is to open ended. if you are prone to bloating while on test then yea you may see your stomach get bigger(water weight) but now your adding eq and clen which will shred the fat and should do the trick if you tend to bloat. just clean up the diet and do the cardio and you will be fine.

what are your stats btw, it always helps if you tell more about yourself.

I am just getting back started after afew years off, but i am 6,2 285. dont know bf, but it is high. I know the fat will come someday, but for the short term, I want to look the best I can for summer, thats why im concerned with working abs right now, maybe I should wait till my bf comes down? Thanks

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    your abs will get a good workout if you are doing squats and deadlifts, any core exercise will give them a blast, so target training on them may not be needed, and since you are worried about it, just skip it.

PurplePatriot is offline Associate Member
    My body fat is naturally at about 8 percent. Thats from after sitting on my couch for two years not touching a gym or a weight. But guess what, you wont see my abs anytime soon cuz even tho i may have a very low bf it settles right on stomach for most guys. I am now approaching 7%flat while on my bulk cycle. Just because my body is active.

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePatriot
    My body fat is naturally at about 8 percent. Thats from after sitting on my couch for two years not touching a gym or a weight. But guess what, you wont see my abs anytime soon cuz even tho i may have a very low bf it settles right on stomach for most guys. I am now approaching 7%flat while on my bulk cycle. Just because my body is active.

Is that really possible to be that low and have a gut?? I know some people carry more fat there but 7% is dam low.. If youhave a lot of fat there I can't see how a test would not be higher? Just confused...

~Old

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by oldman
    Is that really possible to be that low and have a gut?? I know some people carry more fat there but 7% is dam low.. If youhave a lot of fat there I can't see how a test would not be higher? Just confused...

~Old
    thats what im saying, 7% is basically competition...

Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    thats what im saying, 7% is basically competition...
    Any advice on my question?

To answer your question you may get bloat form the cycle but I don't think that will be an issue as you just need to keep that in mind. Now as far as your abs getting "bigger" from working them I don't think that would be the case, I am not an expert on this but even if your abs got thicker that is not going to make fat go away, you need to focus on that more than anything else.

I just blown away by your BF and not already being ripped up.

Good luck bro.

~Old

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    This might just end up in the hall of shame bro. Come on.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    This might just end up in the hall of shame bro. Come on.
    id have to agree, ill raise the flag

znak is offline Senior Member
    This is kind of funny. 7% with a gut. I am about 12%.

At 7% you can count my red blood cells.

You need to go back to the couch and read for a while.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    wait you have 7% and you have gut? I dont think you understand the bodyfat percentage

Thats not me claiming 7% bf with a gut!

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan
    Thats not me claiming 7% bf with a gut!

Dam sorry bro.. I did not catch the hijack. I hate when that happens.

Still my other statement stand on the work.. I would worry less about getting a bigger gut from abs work than anything else. IMO it is a non-issue. I feel I have a huge midsection and even I am squeesed all the fat off it would still never see 30"

~Old

FullMoonHowlingWolf is offline Senior Member
    I'd suggest that you continue to work your abs doing high reps and do not use any weight. It’s true that the abdominal muscles get trained during our workouts, but you still need to focus on them. They are fundamental and help with our body’s stability. Don't worry about your gut getting huge from ab work, worry about your gut getting huge from diet problems.

kyjelly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FullMoonHowlingWolf
    I'd suggest that you continue to work your abs doing high reps and do not use any weight. It’s true that the abdominal muscles get trained during our workouts, but you still need to focus on them. They are fundamental and help with our body’s stability. Don't worry about your gut getting huge from ab work, worry about your gut getting huge from diet problems.

Ya know, now that was nicely put! Abs is all about diet, and so is bloating, which I am fixing as we speak...

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    to answer ur question about working abbs with heavy weight, like doing cable crunchs or holding a weight while doing situp is NO is will not make ur stomach bigger however it will make ur abb muscles thicker

Thread Information