Thread: 2 Problem areas

rissinite is offline Associate Member

2 Problem areas

Lower chest and bicep peak

I'm trying to focus on development of these two areas. Diet is in check so I'm positive it's up to making the correct movements now. Currently:

Bis:
    4 sets of straightbar curls
    3 sets of hammers
    3 sets of 1 arm preacher machine
    3 sets of seated DBs

Chest:
    5 sets of flat bar bench
    4 sets of incline bar bench
    3 sets of machine press
    3 sets of lower cable flyes
    3 sets of high cable flyes

Any recommendations?
    I've started including dips on chest day, but not sure what else to do as I've read countless posts that decline is pointless if you're benching correctly. And for my bis, I have good thickness, just want to bring the peak out more. Thanks

bombguy is offline Associate Member
    The amount of chest exercises seem a little excessive to me...maybe drop one exercise and try and do concentrated reps.

With bi's maybe try doing cable curls. Arms outstretched to sides and pull towards shoulder...when i did those my peak seemed to come out more.

ACpower is offline Member
    I had the same problem with my lower chest bro i changed my chest workout up and I do alot more decline and dumbell exercises it has helped alot Im finally getting my chest how I want it to look

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ACpower
    I had the same problem with my lower chest bro i changed my chest workout up and I do alot more decline and dumbell exercises it has helped alot Im finally getting my chest how I want it to look
    That is a great way to bring out the chest ...

On Biceps you may want to super-set a straight bar curls with a cable and the preacher curls ... this will really put some blood in those biceps .. something like this as your finish exercise..

25x3 straight bar cable curls ( the last 5 should be pretty hard )
    20x3 preacher machine...

" Make those biceps grow Loui !!!"

Good Luck

Natty99 is offline Member
    For Bicep peak the best excersise by far is Arnold culrs(incline dumbell Curls). Do these at the end of your workout. I do Bi's after back and do BB Curls, DB hammers, then arnold curls. 3 sets of 6-8

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i love doing drop sets and decline curls for bis really brings them out

suckysucky is offline Associate Member
    The biggest pump I get is when I do concentrated curls. Sitting down with one arm between my legs with my elbow against my knee(not sure if you know waht im talking about its the only way i can explain it). When it gets hard to bring all the way to the top let your other arm help you out bringing it up a little, like your spotting yourself. Its hard as hell i only usually go up to about 35 and my last set with regular dumbell curls are 60's.

singern is offline Banned
    I think your chest routine is little excessive, take out one or two exercises, but make sure you do the rest with propper form, full range, and until failure.

As for the BIs the routine looks OK, it may genetic. Some guys will never get a peak, no matter how hard they try.

nygsxr1000 is offline Junior Member
    i had almost the exact same workout program for chest and bi's....using dumbells more,decline and for bi's i am doing those concentrated curls...those hurt like hell towards the end

Thread Information