se11 is offline Associate Member

Need a new schedule for workouts

I was doing weights about 4 times a week and the treadmil about the same. I was trying to get cut for summer. I was even eating a little better. But now, I have a new job and working out is much more difficult. I cannot get 4 weight days and 4 treadmil days as good as I used to. I get home late at night and am very tired and cant do the treadmil for 30-40 mins like I use to. And I can't give 100% in my weights whenever I work them out. Does anybody have any ideas about how I can try to look better for summer and workout in a reasonable time and manner?

anybody?

dont all answer at once now

WKD
    WKD is offline New Member
    Very few people will be able to put in all the effort they want to, and we all just have to make do. Try and fit it in as much as you can, maybe change your workout structure and do HIT with compounds to double-up bodyparts etc. Basically something is better than nothing as long as its a productive form of exercise. Productive, i.e. not pissing around with machines and actually lifting to 100% intensity in the time you do have...

boondockSAINT is offline Associate Member
    Try changing to a 3-day routine - Push/Pull/Legs, and do it early in the morning before work. Keep the workouts short, like an hour. Then the other two mornings you can be on the treadmill. It seems like a time/motivation factor, and I've definitely been there. How about putting some new tunes on an IPOD to get you pumped up for lifting, or something else new that would make you want to get back in the gym?

Thread Information