Thread: Cardio Question

daft1425 is offline Junior Member

Cardio Question

Hey guyz, i just want to lose a bit of fat on my abdominals so it has that lean look for the summer, i just wanna know if i shud have a variety of sprinting-jogging for 45 min or run the treadmill
    Ive done track alot in highschool and kept a pretty lean body, but just finished my winter dirty bulk and sort of have a bit of a gut right now.

Also what is the heart rate for optimal fat loss ^
    Last edited by daft1425; 04-14-2006 at 02:11 PM.

FullMoonHowlingWolf is offline Senior Member
    It seems everyone's got this question right now, so here is what I've recently suggested to people.

Here is a sure fire and simple way to burn fat if your diet is in order.
    Upon waking in the morning (do not eat anything) either directly go outside and perform some cardio (brisk walk, bike ride, jog, etc.) or go to the gym if you live close by and do between 20 – 60 minutes of cardio at 60-70% of your Max Heart Rate (MHR). It’s a good idea to start out with 20 minutes and slowly work your way up to 60 minutes. You could also bring some OJ, Gatorade, or PowerAde just incase you start to feel light headed since this will be a shock to your system, but do not drink this unless you feel like you are going to pass out. Make sure that immediately after performing this cardio you have a PWO shake, to replenish your body. If you still feel that you need a further boost you can use the ECA stack, which is ephedrine, caffeine, and an aspirin. This will aid in the fat burning process. Be careful when using ephedrine as everyone reacts differently to it.

daft1425 is offline Junior Member
    Can i perform this later in the day? Because I honestly can't do all this at that time in the morning, I gotta get to my classes after droppin my lil sis off at school so...............

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    first thing am is ideal. however, if this conflicts w/ the schedule you can perfrom cardio POST lifting.

sooner45 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FullMoonHowlingWolf
    It seems everyone's got this question right now, so here is what I've recently suggested to people.

Here is a sure fire and simple way to burn fat if your diet is in order.
    Upon waking in the morning (do not eat anything) either directly go outside and perform some cardio (brisk walk, bike ride, jog, etc.) or go to the gym if you live close by and do between 20 – 60 minutes of cardio at 60-70% of your Max Heart Rate (MHR). It’s a good idea to start out with 20 minutes and slowly work your way up to 60 minutes. You could also bring some OJ, Gatorade, or PowerAde just incase you start to feel light headed since this will be a shock to your system, but do not drink this unless you feel like you are going to pass out. Make sure that immediately after performing this cardio you have a PWO shake, to replenish your body. If you still feel that you need a further boost you can use the ECA stack, which is ephedrine, caffeine, and an aspirin. This will aid in the fat burning process. Be careful when using ephedrine as everyone reacts differently to it.

If by PWO Shake you mean Protein/Carbs....not a good idea as it will basically stop the fat burning process after cardio, you will want to go with a Protein fat meal/shake. And gatorade, OJ, etc is also not a good idea, too many carbs that will also be counter-productive as to what you are trying to accomplish. Straight water! Good Luck!

FullMoonHowlingWolf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner45
    If by PWO Shake you mean Protein/Carbs....not a good idea as it will basically stop the fat burning process after cardio, you will want to go with a Protein fat meal/shake. And gatorade, OJ, etc is also not a good idea, too many carbs that will also be counter-productive as to what you are trying to accomplish. Straight water! Good Luck!
    There are mixed reviews on protein/carbs after empty stomach cardio in the AM and I've done both with and without and I have noticed no difference in the results, but that’s me. I do not disagree with you on using protein/fat. What do you specifically recommend for this guy post empty stomach cardio?

Also, the only reason I talked about Gatorade, OJ, etc., was for precaution because I have no idea what kind of shape this person's in and since they might be doing cardio outside and start to feel shaky it's a good idea to have something handy in the beginning. I don't want someone falling off a curb and breaking something because they did something I recommend. I'm being cautious for good reason.

"Here is a sure fire and simple way to burn fat if your diet is in order. Upon waking in the morning (do not eat anything, but drink water) either directly go outside and perform some cardio (brisk walk, bike ride, jog, etc.) or go to the gym if you live close by and do between 20 – 60 minutes of cardio at 60-70% of your Max Heart Rate (MHR). It’s a good idea to start out with 20 minutes and slowly work your way up to 60 minutes. You could also bring some OJ, Gatorade, or PowerAde just incase you start to feel light headed since this will be a shock to your system, but do not drink this unless you feel like you are going to pass out. Make sure that immediately after performing this cardio you have a PWO shake, to replenish your body. If you still feel that you need a further boost you can use the ECA stack, which is ephedrine, caffeine, and an aspirin. This will aid in the fat burning process. Be careful when using ephedrine as everyone reacts differently to it.
    Last edited by FullMoonHowlingWolf; 04-17-2006 at 09:31 AM. Reason: added drinking water

Thread Information