daytrader is offline Member

Arrow anyone take a longer than average break from the gym??

....Just wondering... i was thinking of taking more than a week off like 15-20 days.... Ive been very intense the past 2 years with a few breaks here and there... but none of them lasted past 6 days.... I took a 6 day break about 2months ago for all the aches and pains in my joints(mainly shoulders)... but it didnt really seem to help... Im just feeling real worn out right now... and ihave insomnia like a mofo on the days where i train real hard....Gains are coming to a hault....
    I would keep the diet clean and do cardio....just cut back on the cals.... Anyone ever taken a 2-3wk break to rejuvanate?
    The biggest problem for me would be comiting to stay OUT of the gym.... i know after 5-6 days Ill see some guy bigger than me.... or one of you jacked mofos will post pics.... and ill be like **** that im goin to the gym!..

Comments?

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    i guess u could take some time off, the only problem is that u might get a bit lazy after 3 weeks, but if u wont i guess its good 2 go

kyle_storm is offline New Member

Cool breaktime

I took a break last week of 11 days and since coming back ive found my muscles have responded even better than before + if u still eat right you shouldnt gain too much fat. I lost 4lbs of muscle weight and only gained 0.1kg of fat in those 11 days, both i can easily get back within a week.

daytrader is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    i guess u could take some time off, the only problem is that u might get a bit lazy after 3 weeks, but if u wont i guess its good 2 go
    Yea i def wont get too lazy.... shit ill be countin the hours b4 i can lift again!..... I figure im gonna keep pushin through it for the next month so i cant wait to take this break around finals time+when i start my new 40hrwk intern(unpaid may i add )

Quote Originally Posted by daytrader
    Yea i def wont get too lazy.... shit ill be countin the hours b4 i can lift again!..... I figure im gonna keep pushin through it for the next month so i cant wait to take this break around finals time+when i start my new 40hrwk intern(unpaid may i add )
    i had shoulder problems before too. i took a 6 week break from all chest and shoulder exercises, i still hit back bi's tri's and legs. When i came back with chest i was lifting more than when i had taken the break. Also with some other minor changes in my routine, i havent seen too much of a shoulder problem since. I feel like 6 weeks was the minimum amount of time to let myself heal

Sooooo, you could try to hit a few muscle groups per week. If your shoulders are your main injury point, stay away from chest and shoulders. You could take this opporotunity to try to build up a lagging body part.

Also, i think taking 2-3 weeks off isn't going to hurt you a great deal, you may go down slightly in numbers, but i think its going to hurt you more mentally than physically - thinking that you are getting smaller than you actually are.

Thread Information