Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Venum is offline Member

difficulty getting bicep width

everything seems to grow pretty well for me, but my bi's i always struggle with. its like a never ending battle to get them to grow. peaked they are ok but from the front they arent that great. i know that hammers will help this, but what is the best way to do them? when i go really heavy on curls i dont get a good pump (low reps). is going really heavy on movements like hammers going to get them to grow or should i go lighter to acheive that pump?

allsaucedup is offline Member
    if your trying to get them to grow i would try just working them once a week probably on back day and do 2 compound excersises 3 sets each 8-10 reps as heavy as you can. you grow more from the rest than you do from the actual work

angelo84 is offline Junior Member
    i have the same problem as u buddy
    i need more width

timtim is offline Member
    work your brachialis and brachioradialis hardcore. hammers and reverse curls. also, you can try and do light controlled reps 2 workouts a week (3 or 4 sets for 8 strict reps - light, to get the blood into the muscle) and then hit them hard on their regular day. also, bi's shouldnt be done with back (the main bicep workout) because they are shot if your training back correctly. i had great success using this method. also be sure to hit them heavy every few weeks with lower rep ranges, focusing on the bigger fast twitch fibers as opposed to the higher rep sets that hit the slow twitch.

the pump is not indicator of a good workout, dont go by that method, its a trap. leads to adaptation in the muscle quick because they are ready for the higher rep movements.

heavy hammers really worked for me. i'm usually at 90 lbs. db hammers for 4 sets of 5.

think like DC, you never see a huge guy lifting light weight do you?
    Last edited by timtim; 04-21-2006 at 03:58 PM.

Steve80 is offline Associate Member
    For fuller thicker bi's you have to do the following:

1. Eat
    2. Deads, Squats, and Heavy bench, build test and GH helps all over
    3. Hit the bi's from different angles to make em look fuller, Ie close grip curls, extra supinated curls, this will give you a fuller look. It will hit diiferent parts of you bi.

Venum is offline Member
    i use close grip when doing preacher curls..barbell i use a medium shoulder width grip. i just started doing incline curls. i remember reading an article in m&f and arnold said those work pretty damn good...

jagzman04 is offline New Member
    Yeah Venum, just stick with heavy weight and work them out at different angles. I do the incline dumbell curls as one of my workouts. Just by sitting in the chair at a different angle really packs a punch to your arms, you can feel it.

And switch your routines up if you feel your bi's are getting immune to the same ol' workouts.

Daveskidoof3 is offline Junior Member
    I SECOND timtim reverse curls are sweet my bis and tris grow faster than anything else so I have to becareful not to get them uneven from the rest of my body at the end of your workout try close grip chins that killsem

Thread Information