ascendant is offline Senior Member

How often do you change your training routine?

just wondering how often you all change your excercises or at least the order they're done in for bodyparts?

i used to mostly just change the routine i'd do for a bodypart every time i'd come into the gym, but i have read info that supposedly continuing the same routine for a bodypart for a few weeks (3 times or so altogether) before changing causes more muscle hypertrophy as opposed to more neuromuscular adaptation to changing every time. so, i'm curious as to everyones elses experiences with it and opinions on if this is fact or not?

as far as right now, i'm planning on doing the same routine for each bodypart twice, so saying as i train each bodypart 1x per week, that would mean for 2 weeks, i'll do the same routine before switching it up. good idea?

chest6 is offline Banned
    I try to do something similar for a month or so. I'll change everything up every month or so..

every 6-8 weeks...i think i keep the same routine longer than most, but it works for me

Testostack is offline Anabolic Member
    Never or so.......maybe once/twice a year.......

SHAOKAHN is offline Member
    About 3 times a year, I go from training one large bodypart with a smaller one (chest&tris, back&bis etc.), to seprate days per part (chest, back, arms etc.).

-shaokahn-

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    i think maybe some of you misunderstood me, so let me clarify my question.

what i meant by changing your routine, i didn't mean the whole routine like what bodypart is trained with what. i meant that if one week you do chest and for example, did 3 sets of incline press, 3 sets of incline dumbell, 3 sets of flat bench, then finished with 3 of pec-dec, how many times would you do that same routine before changing the order of those excercises?

Testostack is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh! ok then that's about evry workout day.......i never do the same and in the same order.
    I hit mmonday workout a second time on friday and switch every week.

That means i hit a muscle twice a week and the hole body twice over three weeks....and then start over.

First one is heavy duty, the other more concentrate on strict form.

Superballer is offline Associate Member
    I'm very curious as to this as well.

I do the exact same workout for two weeks in a row so I can compare my progress from one week to the next. If you switch up things, I can't really tell if I've improved or not.

I haven't changed my split for the last 7 or 8 months since I've found AR.

I'm not sure if this is optimal, I have made gains, but again, that doesn't mean it is optimal. Love to hear more opinions.

Italian Stallion is offline Junior Member
    i always train with the same exercise; i change the workout intensity by reps and sets every 4~6 weeks.i usually do 2 "low-reps" cycles through the year

Thread Information