Thread: Problem...

baby mac is offline Associate Member

Problem...

I need some advice... The dumbells at my gym only go up to 105lbs and thats too light for me to do incline with. I have a hard time doing bar incline because of my shoulder. What suggestions do you have? Incline flies? Thanks!

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    seriuosly, change gyms bro! if they only go to 105, it doesn't sound like a hardcore gym to me. are there any BB's in there?

The thing is, its my schools rec. I cant afford anything else at the time thats the problem. My old gym went up to 150's, so I was alright. Im just stuck for atleast a month or so. I just need something to do before Im able to train somewhere else.

Tekto is offline Junior Member
    LOL! 105 to light for you?? Damn bro, you are a FREAK MOFO!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Problem...

Originally posted by baby mac
    I need some advice... The dumbells at my gym only go up to 105lbs and thats too light for me to do incline with. I have a hard time doing bar incline because of my shoulder. What suggestions do you have? Incline flies? Thanks!
    I've been there bro...our gym was exactly the same. That's one of the main reasons we left...that and because there were no ball caps or tank tops allowed....I'm NOT kidding.

Anyway...until our membership expired I substitued Hammer strength incline as it didn't bother my shoulder or wrist. You may also want to try super slow reps with the 105's...you're still gonna get a good workout. Sorry I couldn't help more Good Luck BM.

P

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Good idea pistol pete! . I never do free weight incline barbells. I had a partial tear in my rotator about 11-12 months or so ago( and had to to rehab for 3 months), and it never feels "right" when i try to do the weight necessary for putting on muscle on incline barbell. But i do hammer strength like pete said, and dumbell incline....also try the incline press on the smith machine, it is a lot more forgiving than straight incline barbell press. Anyway, hope this might have had some benefit!

Thanks guys, I'll start doin slower reps and I'll give the smith machine a try too. I was thinkin about that, but didnt know if it was gonna bother my shoulder too.

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    gonna sounds stupid but if you are that desperate, why not have a friend help you with alittle reistance while you are doing incline press with the dumbells? Have him push against the weight while you are doing your exercise. see in that case, maybe the gym owner will come up to you and ask why you guys are doing that, then tell him, GET SOME HEAVIER FUCKING WEIGHTS! Problem solved.. NO charge for that advice bro! But I will take some gear donations..

HAHA, thanks Sicilian, I'll see what I can do with the donations. lol

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    Concentration thats the key to being big. Use the lighter weight and feel the muscle contracting. at 105lb dumbells what do you do bench 500lbs???

Nah bro, I dont bench 500lbs, Im only around 360-370. Incline is just one of my better lifts.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Lifts

Baby mac,
    Dane and Pete have pretty much said it all. I can really relate to your finnical situtation right now though. Try hitting you routines with completely different excerises. I love dumbell flies which really gives me a good pump. We have a Cybex machine at my gym where you can preform incline lifts and you put plates on the ends to increase the ampount of resistence that you want. This leaves the amount that you want to lift restricted only to your own physical ability.
    Tobey

Thread Information