CENADICT is offline Associate Member

Deadlift vs Stiff Legged Deadlift

IMO when i do Stiff Legged Deadlifts I get more sore in my lower back. This does not happen with a normal Deadlift coz i guess u would be using a lot of quads as well. Is it fine to do Stiff legged instead of a normal Deadlift?

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    yes im sure it would be fine. its less work overall, but still, with the other exercises in your routine, you wont be neglecting anything if your including the other compound lifts. there is a big misconception that certain exercises HAVE to be included in everyones training schedule. altho it is a great idea to use deadlifts, squats, rows and presses in your training, it doesnt hurt to leave those out once in a while, and replace them with other exercises that will work the same areas. me personally i dont like stiff leg deadlifts, altho i do use them quite regularly for my hamstrings. i do on the other hand, really enjoy regular deadlifts

CENADICT is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704
    yes im sure it would be fine. its less work overall, but still, with the other exercises in your routine, you wont be neglecting anything if your including the other compound lifts. there is a big misconception that certain exercises HAVE to be included in everyones training schedule. altho it is a great idea to use deadlifts, squats, rows and presses in your training, it doesnt hurt to leave those out once in a while, and replace them with other exercises that will work the same areas. me personally i dont like stiff leg deadlifts, altho i do use them quite regularly for my hamstrings. i do on the other hand, really enjoy regular deadlifts

thanks for d input tim

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    I would think it may be more important to address the fact that your BACK is very sore after STIFF legged Deads....

Seems like a form issue to me.

Homeguard is offline Associate Member
    You sure your form is correct???

Check this link to confirm

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...gDeadlift.html

Zanelike is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tretch187
    I would think it may be more important to address the fact that your BACK is very sore after STIFF legged Deads....

Seems like a form issue to me.
    I agree. Are you keeping the bar right up against your legs as you go or is the bar way out in front of you? Makes a big difference as to which muscles get activated more

Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanelike
    I agree. Are you keeping the bar right up against your legs as you go or is the bar way out in front of you? Makes a big difference as to which muscles get activated more
    VERY TRUE! I don't do stiff legged deads that much anymore, but if i did I would use em for Hammy's!!!

Thread Information