Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 440 raw bench

mousetraps is offline Member

440 raw bench

yo~

check out this link, it's my roomate benchin 440 raw at about 260 natty...

http://www.zippyvideos.com/8260153363268776/440_bench/

juiceboxxx is offline Banned
    niceee!!

is that really your roomate?

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Looks like he could have done more!!

stee is offline Member
    next time you get in the gym, get him to see how much he can press by holding the weight on his chest for 2 seconds before pressing it back up.
    just think it will be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by stee
    next time you get in the gym, get him to see how much he can press by holding the weight on his chest for 2 seconds before pressing it back up.
    just think it will be interesting to see.

yeh, i seen him pause with 415 i think, 405 for absolute sure.

yah, good roomate to have in terms of environment. He wants the elusive 500 raw, just like i want the elusive 300 raw.

Also last night I hit a strong 275 which is a personal record, but 295 sank like lead on my chest. Here's me tapping 275:

http://media.putfile.com/275-bench-raw-PR

JohnboyF is offline Banned
    Damn bro that was impressive and Squeaky clean to..

Venum is offline Member
    if I could do a certain weight for only 3 reps how much more can usually be done if I maxed out for 1?

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Venum
    if I could do a certain weight for only 3 reps how much more can usually be done if I maxed out for 1?

Google a bench press calcilator that will help ya

BTW mouse nice liftin bro

chest6 is offline Banned
    Very nice. I cant really do flat bench anymore..everytime I try I tear my pec again

chinups Guest
    big lifts
    good job

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    Nice...seeing the big press is always inspiring...

Watched a bro at the gym last night doing reps with 365...it was a little bouncy and he was lifting his ass off the bench, but it was still crazy to watch...

I have trouble with flat bench due to triceps tendonitis...it hits me whenever I lift over 265 and at about the 5th or 6th rep.

chinups Guest
    Not hijacking but its nice to set the goal and accomplish it
    150 dumbells on incline for 4. Natty? NOPE!!!! lol

300 is around the corner bud

ascendant is offline Senior Member
    changed my opinion on this post. can find my current opinions in later posts. too many people were focusing on this one that no longer applies, so it is now this...
    Last edited by ascendant; 05-22-2006 at 06:55 PM.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by ascendant
    ok, 440 bench natty? are you talking at the time he benched it or his entire life? if he claims he's never done gear and can bench 440, he's full of sh*t. for someone to have that much natural test their nuts would have to be the size of baseballs. i seriously hope he doesn't claim he's 100% natural, cause people that are that full of sh*t just annoy me.
    how much do you guess someone could do natty then? just curious

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp
    how much do you guess someone could do natty then? just curious
    i honestly don't know, but 440 is just not believable. that's like the guy that you get to know at the gym who is huge, has acne all over, has no hair, squirts milk out his nips, and says he doesn't do gear.

the most i ever seen anyone do who i knew without question had never done gear was 330, and even though he never did gear, he popped anything and everything else like it was m&m's.

now, taking into account that i've worked in over a dozen gyms as a trainer for over 8 years now and knew innumerable people who worked out, i just find it virtually impossible that someone could've gone over that by 110lbs.

i mean, notice the guy in the vid has a sweatshirt on? what's up with that? hiding acne maybe? also, wearing a hat? wonder where the hairline is under there? also, this clip is very short, and doesn't show him before or after the lift. i wonder if he had one of those benching vests on. can't remember the name of them, but i know they give you a lot of assistance. this just doesn't seem right to me.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mousetraps
    yo~

check out this link, it's my roomate benchin 440 raw at about 260 natty...

http://www.zippyvideos.com/8260153363268776/440_bench/
    thats nothin. i do wrist curls with heavier weight...... WRIST CURLS!

just playin bro, my forearms suck ass! thats some good benchin, i reckon he would have gotten another 1 atleast with that, 2 or 3 more with alittle help

chinups Guest
    Thats retarted to say. I seen guys push that weight natural. Come on
    I been training for 15 yrs and seen several ppl that strong. Few and Far between but to say its not possible. PLEASE

Keep this bumped up andyou will see plenty others who agree

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    i have seen many college athlets on nothing more than creatine putting up 300, 350, 400

garrett T is offline Junior Member
    nice man. not bad for a rookie. when i was 16 i was pressing 300lbs.

chest6 is offline Banned
    i honestly don't know, but 440 is just not believable. that's like the guy that you get to know at the gym who is huge, has acne all over, has no hair, squirts milk out his nips, and says he doesn't do gear.

the most i ever seen anyone do who i knew without question had never done gear was 330, and even though he never did gear, he popped anything and everything else like it was m&m's.

now, taking into account that i've worked in over a dozen gyms as a trainer for over 8 years now and knew innumerable people who worked out, i just find it virtually impossible that someone could've gone over that by 110lbs.

i mean, notice the guy in the vid has a sweatshirt on? what's up with that? hiding acne maybe? also, wearing a hat? wonder where the hairline is under there? also, this clip is very short, and doesn't show him before or after the lift. i wonder if he had one of those benching vests on. can't remember the name of them, but i know they give you a lot of assistance. this just doesn't seem right to me.
    330 naturally? Thats pretty low for natural still. Im sure I could hit that now and I dont even flat bench that often...plus my arms r long as hell

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member

Ive never used and hit 390, its not impossible, just hard

well, seems many people disagree with me here. however, i would have to question if so many people seem to be able to do 350+ all natural, why is it that all the guys you see in the "all natural bodybuilding competitions" tend to not be able to max for more than about 350? those are supposed to be the best of the best all natural guys, yet they fall well short of what others are doing all natural?

sorry, but i still just find it hard to believe. not saying it's impossible, but i still find it highly unlikely that those people had never done gear ever in their life and can bench over 400.

ive known my roomate for four years, know his family etc... hes fully natty, never juiced - what youre not seeing is that he is 6 foot 2, 260, with size 16 feet... and i certainly dont blame you for thinkin he has or does juice... it's just impressive at 25 y.o.... im 23 btw

haha, you are lucky to have him as a roomate. Not only does drive you to work out, diet, etc, you also have a personal bouncer. If he really is natural, have him enter those competitions that ascendant was talking about.

Tbone1975 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Very nice. I cant really do flat bench anymore..everytime I try I tear my pec again

I hate that, I do that a lot too. I even narrowed up my grip an a_sload to take some emphasis off my pecs and put it more on delts. Yeah, I'm stuck doing 315 for 10 slow as hell. I would love to be able to go balls to the wall with a faster lift like he did with the 440 and a bit of a back arch. Four forty at 25 is an enormous amount of weight to lift natty without a shirt. I think it's possible, I don't know that though, but very rare. Not only would the guy have to have a high test level, prob around 1500, but probably more importantly, would have to have a big fn' frame to begin with. Add these to a consistant training program and I think it's possible. BUT rare. A lot of dudes are prob full of sh_t about admitting to roids too.

David03 is offline New Member
    I had a cousin who one state in PL his junior and senior year. He was 6' 3'' and about 280 pounds. He got 405 his senior year and could have done 10 to 15 pounds more.

yup... i totally agree with all your skeptical points of views... they are all valid... he wont do powerlifting, due to shirts giving you a huuuge advantage... a mutual friend of ours can not bench 405 raw, but can do over 600 with a shirt

let me go further to say that not only does he have a big frame, but he doesnt cheat on meals or miss them. He also never misses workouts, or avoids leg days...

I gotta say though his max deadlift is 515 and mine is 440 :-D

Quote Originally Posted by mousetraps
    yup... i totally agree with all your skeptical points of views... they are all valid... he wont do powerlifting, due to shirts giving you a huuuge advantage... a mutual friend of ours can not bench 405 raw, but can do over 600 with a shirt

let me go further to say that not only does he have a big frame, but he doesnt cheat on meals or miss them. He also never misses workouts, or avoids leg days...

I gotta say though his max deadlift is 515 and mine is 440 :-D

That's cool, never said it wasn't possible. There's some BIG dudes. Ya gotta wonder how much the guys who are benchin 7,8,9, and OMFG 1000 pounds were doing natty. Those shirts make a hell of a difference. That sounds pathetic to me. Can not do 405, and with shirt does 600. Not pathetic that he can't do 405, just that the shirt is such a b_llshit factor. There's a guy in my gym, almost same. He is very big, prob does about 455 no shirt, and with a shirt does 200 pounds more. I saw a kid the other week who was NOT big almost do 500 with a shirt. His form was sh_t though, and the lift would have never counted in a comp.

Venum is offline Member
    i have a friend that does 450 natty...trust me never juiced. BUT, he is short, stocky, short arms. He is pretty fat, but there sure is alot of muscle there too. I know 100% hes natty he's wary of taking creatine hes scared of everything.

Jakt is offline Associate Member
    very nice, most i ever did was 415 and i was 180..... i use to bench 375, for 8 plus reps at the same weight... the i tore my chest..

so now its all dumbells... i got back to 120 dumbells for 6-7... .

oh, and no juice either

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    im at around 190-195 and put up 365 and im natural so far

if you find a big guy who has been training for many years, i dont see why they cant put up 405+ with no juice...

some people are just made to bench (not me)

spound is offline Anabolic Member

That is a ridiculous statement. I had a buddy in highschool that I played football with that was 215-220lbs and benched 420 raw when he was 17...in HIGH SCHOOL!!! I KNOW FOR A FACT he never used any gear, not even supps or protein powder. If you knew the guy you would know he hadnt used shit too!. He ate mac and cheese with every meal only ate three times a day and was that big and was shread too, and still that strong.

juice_305 is offline Banned
    thats huge i can only max out at 365 1 rep. and he did it with easy

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

****ing awesome trainer you must be. to not yourself get over 330 naturally, but none of your trainees make over that mark either. thats pretty pathetic that you think anyone over that can be natural. some people inlcluding myself actually focefeed themselves and lift with brutally intensity to keep gaining in muscularity. you are why i hate trainers so much, and even if their are some good ones out there, its people like you who give them a bad name. some people have the genetics, some people have the determination, and others have both.

if this guy claims that, and he put out a video, (he could always have a shirt under that sweatshirt), but i see no reason to lie like that on an internet forum. get a clue

tretch187 is offline Associate Member
    More importantly... its pretty stupid to look at natty bench highs for BBers.

Why not look at powerlifters?

The only reason I say its possible (440 is still a big number) is the dude is 260, and I am guessing fairly fat.

You find a big, fatass, strong dude thats a powerlifter and its possible. Just shows they are eating constantly to push bigger weights as a natty, and doing nothing but trying to up their bench, their training is dedicated to it(and DL/SQ as well).

Now if he was over 260/270 and any kind of lean.... and not like 6'5 or more(hell, even then...). Pretty hard to make a case that he is natty.

Quote Originally Posted by juice_305
    thats huge i can only max out at 365 1 rep. and he did it with easy

That's not bad at all dawg, most people can't do that. That's about what I was doing before I started juicing. Just keep pushing, you're only gonna go up.

Yeah, you can do a lot with time, hard work, consistancy, diet, and a bit of genetics. I've seen some weird things too. I remember seeing this dude with scrawny long arms in the gym once. This guy was really kinda scrawny. He put on 315 and did it 7 or 8 times, then 365 and did it like 4. My buddy, who was benchin' about 335 but was jacked, was like, "I hate dudes who just bench." That must've been the case with that dude.

yea, i suppose if people primarily focus on their bench, they can really push the numbers up since their body is focusing on that muscle group for the most part. i suppose i wasn't considering the powerlifters who focus on only a select few lifts. the people i was talking about in my original post were the bodybuilders, i failed to take powerlifting into account.

to be honest, i really have no idea what my max bench was before gear, but i'm pretty sure it wasn't 400+. i was never concerned about how much i could do personally. to me, it was about my physique, which included size, cuts, and proportion. then again, i was never into powerlifting, so my interests were simply elsewhere.

taking all things into consideration however, i would have to say it's unquestionably possible.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information