Thread: stubborn calves

mr. anabolic is offline New Member

stubborn calves

i have very stubborn calves and i'v tried everything to get them to grow. i was looking into spot injections and was wondering if calf injections would at all help there growth?

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    No they wont.

Considering they are made up of both type 1 and type 2 fibers they'll react very differently to certain exercise. Variation is the key to growth with your calves.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. anabolic
    i have very stubborn calves and i'v tried everything to get them to grow. i was looking into spot injections and was wondering if calf injections would at all help there growth?
    Barring a couple of very specific exceptions, this is simply a fictitious theory.

Calves get a lot of peripheral work, and continue to do so all day during locomotion, so shocking them into growth mode requires lifting heavy and often. I had the same problem in college and devoted myself to their development one summer. This may seem austere, but I’ll swear by it. I did three sets of calves everyday (lifting day) for the entire summer. I used the three basic exercises (seated, standing, donkey) and went very heavy. By fall I had formidably strong, diamond shaped beauties. I still go heavy today. Donkey, with the stack plus; seated, five 45lbs plates to start; standing less than the stack to reduce spinal strain.

M

mr. anabolic is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    Barring a couple of very specific exceptions, this is simply a fictitious theory.

Calves get a lot of peripheral work, and continue to do so all day during locomotion, so shocking them into growth mode requires lifting heavy and often. I had the same problem in college and devoted myself to their development one summer. This may seem austere, but I’ll swear by it. I did three sets of calves everyday (lifting day) for the entire summer. I used the three basic exercises (seated, standing, donkey) and went very heavy. By fall I had formidably strong, diamond shaped beauties. I still go heavy today. Donkey, with the stack plus; seated, five 45lbs plates to start; standing less than the stack to reduce spinal strain.

M

how many reps do you do in your sets? did you go high reps or low reps?

firedso is offline Junior Member
    dc training. nuff said

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by firedso
    dc training. nuff said
    ooohhhh. that burns bro!

Thread Information