aadrenaline is offline Banned

beef up around the wrist?

just curious as to what you guys do to beef up some thinner muscles between your hand and forarm?

what do you guys think works the best for all around development, anyone expieriance anything working better then a different routine?

thanx

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    dont use straps anymore. Try farmer walks also.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Geronimo is offline New Member
    I got killer forearms! It's good to do a combination of exercises to stress your forearms. One technique I use that I see no one else do is:

Use a dumbell and curl it on your thigh. Let's say you're curling your right forearm... curl it all the way up... at the top, you twist it to the left (dont lose traction) and reverse it back down. Repeat 15 reps/ 5 sets each arm. Once you get use to it... you can move up to 25 reps. Try it... My forearms seem like they're about to explode after a workout.
    It also gives you a nice cut look.

aadrenaline is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo
    I got killer forearms! It's good to do a combination of exercises to stress your forearms. One technique I use that I see no one else do is:

Use a dumbell and curl it on your thigh. Let's say you're curling your right forearm... curl it all the way up... at the top, you twist it to the left (dont lose traction) and reverse it back down. Repeat 15 reps/ 5 sets each arm. Once you get use to it... you can move up to 25 reps. Try it... My forearms seem like they're about to explode after a workout.
    It also gives you a nice cut look.

yea i do that with dumbell curls, also palms down bar curl helps the forearms as well as widening your bi's, my forarms are fine im just trying to get between my hand and them like theres a muscle (right arm) that come up from like behind the thumb and goes across the top part of my arm i would like to make bigger..ive been trying this..grabbing a dumbbell and just working my wrist back and forth up and down..just kinda started i notcied that muscle gets sore after lots of these so im going to keep up with it..

i dont use straps

resonator is offline Junior Member
    If you want to target that specific muscle behind the thumb, check some physiology diagrams to see where that specific muscle begins and ends. Line up the insertion point and lift. It looks like it helps pronate the wrist so twist your wrist by the completion of a rep.

i blame it on genetics

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    dont use straps anymore. Try farmer walks also.
    bingo

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    A power lifter in my gym to work on his grip loads the bar up then holds it as long as possible, usually tho he tims it puts more weight on goes for a certain amount of time, puts more weight on etc., can't really comment on its effectiveness, but might be worth a try switching things up

Thread Information