Thread: Abs and Me

joshuarse is offline New Member

Abs and Me

Hi guys i started workin out about 1 year ago and have made some good progress. I am currently at about 11% body fat and 193lbs. I dont know much about the bodybuilding side of things but i know i am bigger than all my friends and was wondering how this compares in the juniour bodybuilding world. The main question i have is about gettin abs. I diet and do crunches till they com out my ears, have been down to 9 percent bodyfat but still no real abs. Is this just my age and as i get older the testosterone will do its job. I want to try some clen but am reluctant any advice or is it just my age and lack of patience

thanks

josh

edgarr is offline Member
    what do you currently do for abs?

how often, how many sets, how many reps, what excercises, do you use weights, etc.

Also what does your diet look like? If you are at 9-11% you should see them. I train mine like any other muscle cause that is what they are. You should also get good abs from things like squats, deadlifts and any other heavy excercise that uses all your core muscles.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    yeah at that low of bf% you should see something

Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    IMO, abs are a direct reflection of one's diet (along with genes of course) but diet to me is reflected in your abs more than anything else, I would reexamine that...

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    what did you use to measure bf%? pics would be helpful to determine your bf% range.

joshuarse is offline New Member
    when i say no abs i mean no six pak, i work out 4-5 times a week cardio included train abs 2 days on one day off. Diet is ded clean, dont eat sugar and except 1 pizza at the weekend i am good. eg . start 6am workout followed by oats, 11am tuna tin and turkey sandwich, lunch tuna sandwich and salad 4:00pm 2 slices of whole wheat toast with turkey rashers ( turkey bacon) Today 4 tea@7:00 i had i extra lean fillet steak and salad with some mushrooms and salsa , bed at eleven

If i keep this up and carry on being patient will i see abs, nobody commented on the clen (bad idea ??)

my bf was measured through electrodes being put on me suppose to be one of the most accurate ways so i am def 11%.

what about my stats too is this good 188 5ft.11 with 11% ??
    thanks

josh

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

use that. and when you pump in the numbers use actual measured numbers dont take your pant size and put that in because it will be different. i wear a 32" pant waist but when i measure at the belly button it comes to 36".......

edgarr is offline Member
    what excercises are you doing, how many sets, reps, etc. Abs are a muscle so you need to shock them like any other muscle to make them grow. I would use weights when training them and don't over do them. You said you do crunches till their coming out of your ears right....well would you train chest, arms, etc. like that? Post some pics if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided09
    IMO, abs are a direct reflection of one's diet (along with genes of course) but diet to me is reflected in your abs more than anything else, I would reexamine that...
    exactly man

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah I need to measure mine.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    for myself, diet and cardio equals abs, i do very little exercises for abs, you can do sit ups until you turn blue in the face, and have the best abs in the world, and never see them if your BF% is to high.

Thread Information