Link910 is offline New Member

Question Looking for new training split

I have been doing one muscle a day since june. I feel as though it is time to switch it up a bit. Does anybody know of a good training split that I can try? just looking for some new ideas, thanks

smallguy is offline New Member
    Try this out fro a little change

chest and bi's
    Quads/hams
    shoulders,traps,tris
    back and claves

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i used to do this

back/quads/bis
    chest/shoulders/ tris
    off
    back/hams/bis
    chest/shoulders/tris
    off
    off

primodonna is offline Female Member
    dane are you serious?!?!?
    What happens here, stays here

baby mac is offline Associate Member
    Damn bro, I dont think I would be able to make it out of the gym after that!!

you guys are such wimps. we did that split every off season for 4 years in college. AND on modays we did power cleans, tuesdays we did power snatch, thursday we did clean and jerk, and friday we did hang snatch. suck it up, babies

baby mac is offline Associate Member
    Im a big puss, lol. That is a pretty tough split though. Judging by your pics, it worked pretty damn good.

Originally posted by dane26
    you guys are such wimps. we did that split every off season for 4 years in college. AND on modays we did power cleans, tuesdays we did power snatch, thursday we did clean and jerk, and friday we did hang snatch. suck it up, babies
    waaaaaahh...

seriously, though...i think you forgot the little piece of the puzzle called "rest"! but in college, we did ridiculous training programs too with little regard to recovery so i will let it slide this time.

primo, there's THREE off days there! how much rest do you need? that split is necessary to make the Empire State Games (NY's Competitions) i didn't give a shit about baseball, it just payed for school.

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Mine is similar to Danes, however I cannot put legs with anything else so it looks like this

day 1 pecs/delts/tric's
    day 2 lats/bic's
    day 3 off
    day 4 quads/hams
    day 5 repeat day one
    day 6 rest
    day 7 rest
    follow the next week where you left off which would be dayt 2's wkout.

This way everyweek something gets worked twice but it's not the same. I train calves 2 x wk no specific day.

i'm talking quality rest...plus i see no reason ever to take off 2 days in a row completely...you have seven days to work with...not 5. There are no "weekends" in bodybuilding.

ok smarty leotard... explain yourself

db- are you referring to me?

Training split referred to WEIGHTS and not cardio. You wouldn't need to do weights more than 4 days, unless you are on gear and even then. So yes I'd like your opinion on what you consider

"quality rest"

and

how many days we need to be training since you

"see no reason ever to take off 2 days in a row completely"

And oh yes...there are weekends in bodybuilding.

excuse me i am all too aware of what a training split refers too, thank you very much

if you're going to do each bp once/week (which most people on here say they do) i am saying use all 7 days to get those in...not just 5 then eat crap all weekend and lay on the couch and do nothing

i.e.

chest
    back
    legs
    arms
    off
    shoulders
    off

or something to that effect

don't know why you jumped all over that but oh, well

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by primodonna
    then eat crap all weekend and lay on the couch and do nothing
    Hey...are you refering to me again??!! That was one time when I was hungover...give it a rest!!

Seriously, I like Primos idea of one body part a day...it gives you a chance to really focus on each movement for that muscle group. However I don't have the luxury of going to tyhe gym whenever I want so, for me it is neccesary to train mon-on, tue-on, wed-on, thur-off, fri-off, sat-on, sun- off. I make due and if I can train on one of those off days I'll adjust my program to suit. Remember...we're exchanging our individual routines and what works for one may not work for another. Most of us have reached a level of experience that we can know what works and expirement with variations.

P

My apology Primo I did not mean to come across jumping on you. Here is what I mean

Point 1: Just because most of us train during the 5 weekdays does not mean we "sit around all weekend" I for one spend my time playing softball, soccer with my daughter, baseball with my son, and I have a mountain trail that runs through the woods on my property. HARDLY on the couch eating pototoe chips.

Point 2: Go back and read through this post and you'll find that most of us DON'T train each body part 1x per week.

I personally would not waste my time going to the gym just to train shoulders or any singular bodypart except legs as a whole. Between the time to prepare, drive, train and shower there's a lot of wasted time. But hey that's me...

I guess it is just about priorities and the time you are willing to dedicate (give up) to it. You have a family so we are obviously going to put a much different emphasis on certain things that we do...which is the way it should be anyway.

Shoulders are just as important as any other body part so, to me, it is not a waste of time to do them at a time when i think it will give me the best results...then again, if i had a mountain trail running through the woods of my property....heck if i had property...things might be a little different.

When I was single and competing in the early 80's I would meet my training partners at the at 11:00pm and then eat midnght chow (Air Force days). Those were awsome times.

Primo nothing but respect 4 U. Know that!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    You had better respect her DB101...she's gonna smoke your ass in posts in a matter of days However she has an Ace in the hole. She answers a lot of questions in the female forum as well...I know this because Roberta boots my fat ass away from the computer when she gets home from work and logs on to the female forum. Once again Primo...little reminder, don't say bad things about Petey on the female forum. DB101, on the other hand, is fair game j/k DB

P

I guess I can start posting smiley faces, nah I don't think so. Let her post. I'm not competing anymore. Just judging now!

for the record...my post count can stay at 1 for the duration of the time i am here and i could care less

it's nice to see IF people have personalities other than "can i drink winny" and "what should my first cycle be"

Talking

Nobody is keeping track. We know you have a personality, and I for 1 don't drink winny and have not asked about a cycle since I'm not starting one. oh by the way

to respond to the original question primo had about rest....i've never ever claimed to be a bodybuilder. you can tell that from my pics. i was a powerlifter in college, and now i do a combo of lifting for power, strength and size. i'm not concerned with abs at all. if they come, they come. i needed two days off. i still do, i just don't take them back to back anymore

Thread Information