gorilla is offline Associate Member

electric muscles??

hey my question is about those electronic muscle stimulating machines. I always thought they where a joke but in the past few days Ive heard more than one person saying great things about them. Not that they replace working out obviously but that as a suplementaion to post workouts or laggin body parts they could be useful. What are everyones thoughts??experiences??
    thanks
    gorilla

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i saw a show on it

on Dateline where they tested it and it was total bullshit.i saw it like 3 or 4 yrs ago.all it is is a high priced TENS unit.

gorilla is offline Associate Member
    what is a TENS unit....... are those any good

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Sending small electric currents to a muscle may bring about a contraction and depending on the voltage a reletively strong one. This practice is done in rehab and even for relaxation, but for building muscle...fogetaboutit. PB is right It did not live up to the test.

MarkyMark is offline Member
    I would feel over time this may effect the body's own nervous system .... You want contraction stick a fork in the light socket. Whooooo ! its like doing a full set of squats ,,,, hehe ..just kidding. DONT DO IT ....

NOTE !!!! :
    The previous statements were said in Jest and is not the thinking of Markymark or any station members ... We are not responsible for any action on account of the statements made or of the stupidity of those reading them ...

dumbells101 is offline Senior Member
    Come on...let me try ONCE! Let's really get the benefit and use the clothes dryer outlet!

on a more serious note:

I did however experience tens use as therapy for a pinched nerve while in chiro treatment years ago. It did feel good and increased the blood flow which I believe to be the main benefit.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i have a tens unit

i've used it for yrs when i needed it.it's good for stuff like that.i use it when i do suspension shits since it always leaves a know w/ me.it was great for that

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I bought one tried it many times than stuck it in the paper to sell it.Only good thing I found about it was I could stick it on my ex and wind the current up to make her squeal.If you are in rehab they might be a good idea otherwise PB is right.A tens machine is quite often used in childbirth to help relieve pain and cramping of the muscles.Can also be used to help control contractions.

30SUMTHN is offline New Member

Tens...

I know a chick that got that New Abtronix and says it's TOTAL BS! I would'nt waste my money...

Thread Information