dee187 is offline New Member

High Intensity vs Low Intensity for cutting

What is best for cutting? Low intensity cardio or High intensity? Theoretically speaking, if I want to shed fat in the least amount of time, should I jog for 30 minutes on the treadmill @, lets say, 5 mph…or…15 minutes @ 8 mph?
    High Intensity vs Low Intensity for cutting

bcap is offline Member
    low, you want to keep your hr around 65%. i usually walk at 4mph, with an incline of 5, gets my hr up there and maintains it for 45 mins

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    jog for 45 on a treadmill(easier than road)70%max heart rate or average a speed of 6mph,for the average user.

Motion is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by helium3
    jog for 45 on a treadmill(easier than road)70%max heart rate or average a speed of 6mph,for the average user.
    Isn't 6mph alittle high?
    Last edited by Motion; 05-22-2006 at 03:25 PM.

piepiezzz is offline Associate Member
    6 mph is going to be above your ideal heart rate...........I walk on a treadmill at 3.8 mph and an incline of 2.5-3.0 and it hits my target heart rate perfectly(125-135). I know this because I have a heart monitor. Buy one!! Jogging will put muscle mass in jeopardy............search through some cardio threads and I think most of the Mod's that are BB'ers will agree.

You are trying to lose FAT, without jeopardizing muscle. Long, low intensity cardio, preferably in the morning on an empty stomach. Then wait a half hour before eating a pro/carb meal. During that 30 minutes, your body will continue to burn fat while you shower, shave, etc.

bcap is offline Member
    Actually piepiezzz, I heard it was better to wait 30 mins and eat a pro/fat meal instead of a pro/carb meal. Keeps the fat loss going for a little bit longer apparantly, not a HUGE difference, but over a long period of time it apparantly works better. Have you heard of this?

Wrath1664 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcap
    Actually piepiezzz, I heard it was better to wait 30 mins and eat a pro/fat meal instead of a pro/carb meal. Keeps the fat loss going for a little bit longer apparantly, not a HUGE difference, but over a long period of time it apparantly works better. Have you heard of this?

It doesnt matter if it's a p/c or a p/f. The protien will blunt lipolysis

bcap is offline Member
    Interesting ...

Thread Information