PoorMan is offline Junior Member

Question Wrist/forearm pain

Whenever I'm working out, specifically things involving arm exercises (standing e-z bar curl, skull crushers, and tricep pulldown), I get a pretty bad pain in my wrist/forearm area. Its about 3 inches or so up from my wrist on the outside. After Im done with standing curls, I have to kind of curl my wrists out to avoid the extreme pain once I let go of the bar. It still hurts while I do them a little bit, but its bad when I put the bar down. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe a joint repair type thing? I dont know what to do. My muslces can handle the weight no problem, it just seems like my wrist/forearm cant. Any suggestions would be great. I really just want to get past this crap and have a stress-free workout. Thanks.

THA NEXT CORMIER is offline New Member

Thumbs down

bro i have the same pain it hurts like hell when u put tha bar down! i just deal with it

Farmer is offline Member
    Wrap your forearm in an ace bandage if you still want to workout with it. The ace bandage will stop the pain because of the pressure. When you get home ice your forearm and use heat like you would for any injury. It has something to do with the ligaments in the forearm or something, I talked to a trainer about it awhile ago. I use to get it all the time from pitching in baseball. Now I get it from lifting, haven't had it for a year or so though (knocks on wood)

peace

Haha, dont jinx yourself Farmer. Thanks for the tips. Hopefully it helps.

Sema is offline Associate Member
    Had that too, i figured out that it came because my arms didnt get enough rest...

Well, I would think the same thing about rest, but my workout is:

day 1: chest
    day 2: back
    day 3: off
    day 4: shoulders
    day 5: arms

then repeat. so I get a solid amount of time in between workouts to rest the muscles. So I dont think thats my problem. Who knows....

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    You get if from lifting heavy weight. Like barbell curls, dumbell curls etc. When I started lifting heavy with my arms, my forearms and wrist hurt for about 3 months. Be happy about it. Those motherfuckers are growing!

Thread Information