Cleaner13 is offline Junior Member

faster recovery....

ok I know this is going to sound so dumb because its not really "weights"

however I recently started jumping rope to attempt to drop about an extra 7-10lbs... etc

I added it at the way begining of my day before i go to work

I do 30 mins of jump rope

I did it for a few days straight, but today I woke up and my legs were totally killing me. my calves specifically and where they connect to my achilles tendon...

so unfortunately I wasnt able to do it

what can I do to get a faster recovery as I want to use this for my cardio because of running being so boring and inefficient etc...

thanks guys I appreciate it

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    30 mins. of jumping rope everyday is going to continually make you more and more sore and eventually totally f*ck you up. It's a bad choice for cardio, especially that duration, if your goal is fat loss. Not only is it too intense to use stored fat for fuel, you will severely overtrain your legs/calves/etc. Of more importance is the constant beating that your ankles/knees/lower back will take, again, especially everyday. If you think one day is bad, just imagine day after day after day. Hell, you saw what happened today, you were so jacked up that you couldn't even do it. How effective is cardio of ANY kind if you are too jacked up to be able to do it?

I'd never consider doing this myself, ever. No one says you have to run either for cardio, that is also too intense to use stored fat for fuel as it usually takes one well over that threshold.

That's my take on it.

~SC~

Cleaner13 is offline Junior Member
    thank you very much for your response, I was wondering if there would be something you would suggest instead?
    shall I assume cardio by treadmill at 70% heart rate? Please also keep in mind, one of the reasons I started the jump rope was because I am not strictly only training for looks either. Alot of times I have soccer/basketball with friends as well. I dont want to be out of breath when I play either, I know you are basically the guru on all that is all in the training area, so I do not mean to insult you when I ask what you feel would be a good suggestion instead.
    thank you
    Last edited by Cleaner13; 06-05-2006 at 06:13 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Nah, it's all good. For fat loss, 65-75% of your MHR for 40-45 mins.

For conditioning, you eat a carb/protein meal like 30 to 60 mins. before doing HIIT, and do that for 20 mins.

Diff. goals require diff. approaches. The jumping rope isn't good for either one as it's just too damn taxing.

Good luck!

~SC~

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    if you want to recover faster i would start to add in some extra workouts so your soreness will go away faster by pumping extra blood into the muscles.... i wouldnt train anmore than 30% of what you trained..i usually do 25% of what i did one the workout that made me sore... so say if i did skull crushers with 100 lbs i would then use about 25-30lbs on my extra workout and high reps to geta pump and get blood flowing in the muscles... this will help with recovery

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    and i dont really do them unless im really sore the next day or 2 which my triceps usually are from doing heavy lockout work

Thread Information