BigD is offline Associate Member

Post Beginner Tip (Forearm Growth!)

REVERSE CURL: Take the barbell and hold it down at your thighs, gripping it a shoulder’s length or perhaps an inch or two narrower. Make sure that you have a reverse grip, which means that your palms are facing away from you, not toward you. Keeping your elbows locked into your sides, slowly lift the bar toward your torso. You should stop when your forearms are completely contracted, which means that your hands should be across from your shoulders. Slowly let the weight bring your arms back to the starting position – down at your legs – while you squeeze your forearm muscles during the negative motion. Try 8-10 reps for three sets.

BARBELL WRIST CURLS: This exercise is more effective from a seated position. Sitting on a bench, take the barbell into your hands with your palms facing upward. Make sure that your hands are together during this exercise, maybe a half inch between them. Also, your elbows should be locked to the insides of your knees. With the weight on your fingertips, your hands should be pointing toward the floor as your wrist forms an angle of almost 90 degrees. Then, roll your hands upward, as the bar gradually rolls into your palms, until your wrists are straight and no longer bent downward. Squeeze the forearms throughout the entire range of motion. Slowly allow the weight to bring your hands back down to the starting position. Repeat the motion, doing 8-10 repetitions for a set of three.

REVERSE BARBELL WRIST CURLS: This exercise is practically identical to the barbell wrist curls (above) with one exception. The palms are facing downward instead of upward. Sit on the bench and lock you elbows inside your knees. The weight should be down at your fingertips and your wrists bent toward the floor. Slowly roll the weight into your palms, lifting the weight upward, squeezing the forearm muscles the entire time. Bring your wrists up as far as they’ll go, and then slowly bring the weight down to the starting position. These should really burn! Try three sets of 8-10 reps.

Like any other muscle, you want to be careful not to over-train forearms. Injuries to these muscles could seriously hamper your workouts. Think of how many other muscles depend on forearms during workouts: biceps, triceps, shoulders, back, and chest.

Keep your sets and your training weight to reasonable limits.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    good post, thanks Big D

printed it out and in my workout log it goes. full credit naturally =)

BIGBOD is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

AWESOME IDEA BUT IT WOULD BE A BICEP CURL IF YOU GRABBED YOUR BARBELL WITH YOUR PALMS FACING AWAY FROM YOU, BUT A GREAT IDEA NEVERTHELESS.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I use those same exercises and my forearms are up 16! But when i first started doing forearms, they hurt non stop for 3 or 4 months. I couldnt bench or do any types of curls.

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    those excercise work the forearm good man, feel the burn
    peace

Cool post, BigD. I absolutely love to train the forearms, I wonder why a lot of bodybuilders don't? Besides, training the forearms helps in the most macho of macho strength contests: arm wrestling!

Crazy Bencher is offline Junior Member
    try a boomstick with a rope and a 25 pound weight twist the boomstick until the weight goes all the way up do that over and over and prepare to look like popeye.....

FHSAA CHaMP is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Crazy Bencher
    try a boomstick with a rope and a 25 pound weight twist the boomstick until the weight goes all the way up do that over and over and prepare to look like popeye.....
    how do you go about doing this exercise???? how many sets n that? Also, do you use this and what are your results?

I found this exerise from a baseball player i do it all the time I wrench it up and let it down slow and back up until your forearm are tighter than a virgin's pussy on prom night I will let you be the judge of my forearms...I am not a bodybuilder I just like to be the biggest mother around....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beginner Tip (Forearm Growth!)-forearm.jpg  

bad pic tooooo big sorry here it it....I am also 6'5 285 so these are not like 10 inch forearms....tell me what you think...I dont do wrist curls....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beginner Tip (Forearm Growth!)-forearm.jpg  

also that pic is taken cold......

Wow! Very impressive forearms, you look like Popeye! That is how big I want my forearms to be, because I love training them so much. I hope to look like you some day, crazy bencher!

FHSAA Champ: One set is enough, that exercise will KILL your forearms, especially if you are using heavy weight.

Thread Information