little_soldier is offline Junior Member

pushups , pull up bar ?

can you do the free weight exercises like pushups , pullup bar , crunches , dips ? when i was a kid before i started workoing out i used to do them every day and they made me look really good , will they trouble my recovery ? as for example i did chest today then of course it will be worng doing pushups next day , can anyone explain ?

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    yes they are good, but depends on wat ur talking about. a pull up bar is usually more then enough resistance using ur body weight but doing crunches or push ups will require more resistance. as for doing them separate the next day after working that muscle, theres really no need if u did a hard enough workout at the gym
    Last edited by TheDfromGC; 06-12-2006 at 10:59 AM.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    No need to do it again if you had a proper work-out.

little_soldier is offline Junior Member
    it's not about the workout , i like doing them but i stopped doing them since i worked out , and they used to make my muscles much more harder because you can do high reps while doing them unlike your workout so i think you really need to do them every once in a while , for example a trainer in the gym today was supposed to give a boy a back routine as usual , when the boy asked him what exercises to do the trainer told him do 350 reps on the pull up bar looooooool 20 rep each set untill you finish , i told him what the hell are you doing and after the boy finished i swear i never saw a back pumped like this although it is too much he is gonna need time to recover , i just want to know when is the best time to do them
    thanks anyway

Thread Information