Thread: Overtraining?

URMaster is offline Junior Member

Overtraining?

Quick Question.. I've been back at the gym for about 6 months and have made some nice gains in size and strength. Night and day from when I fisrt started. Lately, Ive been getting alot more sore than usual. I would expect to get sore when starting out but at this stage in the game im wondering if I am over doing it. Typical routine is only 9 sets for chest, back and legs. 6 set for tris, bi's and shoulders. I work each body part every 4 days.

For the past few weeks. Ive been doing kind of like supersets with the first 3 sets of excercise. For example, Tricep pushdowns. Starting at maximum weight for 10-12 reps, dropping weight 20lbs then doing 8, dropping 20lbs doing another 5 reps. This would equal one set. It really gives the muscle maximum strain. I do three sets of these then change excercises to another standard tricep set. Like ropes or dips.

My real question is, is it normal for a muscle group to get decently sore this far into training? Am I overdoing it with my suto supersets? sorry for long winded post.
    Last edited by URMaster; 06-21-2006 at 07:32 AM.

yodaddy is offline Associate Member
    ive been seriously training for 3 years now and still get sore all the time, i love the feeling of waking up in the morning and being sore it makes me feel accomplished.........

URMaster is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodaddy
    ive been seriously training for 3 years now and still get sore all the time, i love the feeling of waking up in the morning and being sore it makes me feel accomplished.........
    Cool, i wont worry to much about it then. Probably just means im hitting the muscle good lately. Thanks for info. Anyone else want to chime in?

Superhuman is offline Banned
    being sore is good - my legs ALWAYS are sore for 2-3 days after a leg workout. yesterday when I got home from my chest/tri workout my chest started cramping up - so I knew I had an awsome workout.

freakonomiks is offline New Member
    hows ur training split?

Superhuman is offline Banned
    mine or URMaster's?

END-RAGE is offline Associate Member
    IMO ull know ur overtraining when you never feel like traning and u have consistently no desire or excitment when traning. you will alsobe constantly tired. Being sore i think is the thing that everyone tries to achieve after a workout (being sore, not injured)

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    personally if i overtrain, i cannot get to sleep or i wake up all teh time and i am restles at night.

Thread Information