cube is offline Junior Member

measurements for tall guys

hey all, new member with a question:

I'm 6'4" and weigh [email protected]%bf. i'm pretty tall, so 270 is pretty light. i was wondering if anyone had guidelines on what size measurements i should be aiming at in order to look 'big'. my arms look crap at 18 1/4" (cos i tall). i figure at my height i need 20" minimum for my arms to look big (maybe more??), but i think i'll need to weigh around 310 (20 pounds of lbm = approx. 1" on arms for me) for that to happen (i'm on my way, and hope to get to 290 this year). does anyone have suggestions on what other measurements i should be looking at for chest, legs etc.
    on the other hand, is it a workout issue, i.e. is it possible to have bigger arms at my height/weight? i generally just workout 3 days a week, lower body, pushing movements and pulling movements.

cube.
    Last edited by cube; 06-20-2002 at 06:54 PM.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    6'4" and only 200 here. I think if you bring the bf% down to near 9% you will look much bigger. It is all about being able to see what is there. 270 is a lot of weight even at 6'4". You are the height and weight of most of the successfull wrestlers you see out there and they all loof huge at your weight.

Just my opinion, might be wrong.

270 isn't light at all, even at 6'4"!

Jphill1301 is offline Junior Member
    Agreeing w/ the others/ 270 isn't light for 6'4. And you say you have 13% BF? What type of measurement was it?
    I'm 6'7 282 w/ 17% body fat measured in a bod pod. I currently have 20 in arms which used to be around 21 but got more cut up becasue i'm trimming down from 300. There is no set standard that makes you have to have a certain geirth to be big.

thanks for the feedback guys.

the thing is, i don't feel i look particularly big. 18 1/2 arms arent very impressive at my weight but i don't know where the weight goes. i don't have any standout body parts but i'm not too fat (13%bf) so its not like the weight is all blubber or nothing. i know at 6'4" 270 i should look much bigger than i do.

do any of you guys about my size do any special exercises to maximise the size of muscle's like biceps? i was wondering because almost everyone who is my height/weight has much bigger stats than i do.

btw. jphill1301 - bf measured by calipers. i know thats not too accurate but it sounds about right since i just about have veins sticking up on my biceps/forearms.

cube out.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro, I am 6'3 n225 and I feel great. I have great pumps good definition. I wish I could get to 270, I would be a monster. My arms are 18 inchs and I think they are plenty big enough. I get lots of compliments. I think your size is perfect. Maybe cut the weight you have and you will be looking great.

Good luck!

butch thanks for the compliments bro, your the sort of person who pisses me off - i outweigh you by nearly fifty pounds and am 1" taller, yet your arms are bigger j/k

seriously, how do you train? when i weighed 225 i had about 16" arms which is nothing compared to you at the same weight. what does your arm routine look like?

Thread Information