Hang Cleans 8-12 sets
    Barbell Shrugs 4-6 sets
    Squats 8-12 sets
    Barbell Curls 6-8 sets

Day 2

Bench presses 8-12 sets
    Barbell presses 6-10 sets
    Close grip bench 6-8 sets

Next 2 days Sports preperation/specific training & cardio, Then repeat.
    Was thinking about doing what exercises that I respond to the most with more sets added, instead of all this isolation BS that does nothing for me.

Looking to bulk up to 250lbs this fall without going over 12% BF. Then late fall/early winter I'm going to change my workout to strictly olympic lifts and not focus on lifting as much as now and get back down to around what I am now with hopefully more strength & alittle more size.

What do you all think?

Flexxor is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    instead of all this isolation BS that does nothing for me.
    That's like music to my ears!! Isolations have so many negative points I don't know where to begin. Their only use is for huge guys that have the base level of strength necessary to damage their muscles. A wimpy guy that lacks functional strength due to a lack of mass and compound exercises can't lift enough isolating weight to cause damage.

People always include isolating movements, without realising that it is actually the few compound movements they are doing that is actually bringing them size! That is how I feel anyway...

Nice target of 250, hope you get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexxor
    That's like music to my ears!! Isolations have so many negative points I don't know where to begin...

People always include isolating movements, without realising that it is actually the few compound movements they are doing that is actually bringing them size! That is how I feel anyway...

Those classic lifts you have there are good for building mass. There is nothing like powerful compound movements for mass.

Nice target of 250, hope you get there.

Thanks bro.

Yeah I have wasted time and energy on iso movements for a long time. I guess you have to try everything to find out what actually works for you though. I'm also trying to reach this goal free from aas. Never again will take so I hope I can get there! Actually there is no doubt in my mind.

Flexxor is offline New Member
    Thanks bro.

Yeah I have wasted time and energy on iso movements for a long time. I guess you have to try everything to find out what actually works for you though. I'm also trying to reach this goal free from aas. Never again will take so I hope I can get there! Actually there is no doubt in my mind.
    Yeh its true everybody is different. Isolations have done nothing for me whereas compounds have done everything. You've got a really good goal there, to get to 250 natty and clean. When you reach it you'll feel on top of the world

Triple X is offline Banned
    I don't know if I like your routine. I agree about the isolation exercises but don't agree with you doing so many sets. Why do 12 sets of 1 exercise? I think your form will start to deteriorate after set 5 or 6. After that you will start working more of the auxiliary muscles and stabilizers. There are plenty of compound exercises you you do for each muscle group so that you don't need do do 12 sets of just one exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple X
    I don't know if I like your routine. I agree about the isolation exercises but don't agree with you doing so many sets. Why do 12 sets of 1 exercise? I think your form will start to deteriorate after set 5 or 6. After that you will start working more of the auxiliary muscles and stabilizers. There are plenty of compound exercises you you do for each muscle group so that you don't need do do 12 sets of just one exercise.

I decided to have it that many sets , because I found that doing more of what works should have a better impact than lets say doing fewer reps with what i found to work then hitting the same muscle group with another 6 reps that really has no impact to them.

What compound exercises did you have in mind? For chest I was thinking inclines, but flat bench hits it all. For back I dont do deads so...I don't know what else to do because cleans works it all aswell.

What compound exercises did you have in mind? For chest I was thinking inclines, but flat bench hits it all. For back I dont do deads so...I don't know what else to do because cleans works it all aswell.
    Please tell me you didn't just say that!!!!!
    You can't isolate the muscles in your chest, or anywhere else in your body for that matter. ANY compound chest exercise will hit you entire chest.

Back:
    No deads....fine.
    Cleans=Awesome!!!!
    what about all of the rowing movements? Bent rows, Seated hi/low rows, pulldowns?

Please tell me you didn't just say that!!!!!
    You can't isolate the muscles in your chest, or anywhere else in your body for that matter. ANY compound chest exercise will hit you entire chest.
    Back:
    No deads....fine.
    Cleans=Awesome!!!!
    what about all of the rowing movements? Bent rows, Seated hi/low rows, pulldowns?

I did say that.....then you agreed with me....
    Don't feel the need for rows. Pulldowns not worth the time.

I did say that.....then you agreed with me....
    Don't feel the need for rows. Pulldowns not worth the time.
    Come on meow! You were implying that you chose flat bench over incline because it (flat bench) hit the entire chest; as if Incline did not.

As far as pulldowns, I kinda agree. I think pullups are the better choice for that type movement and they are very beneficial.

Hope the program works. You have some good overall goals!

Come on meow! You were implying that you chose flat bench over incline because it (flat bench) hit the entire chest; as if Incline did not.

As far as pulldowns, I kinda agree. I think pullups are the better choice for that type movement and they are very beneficial.

Hope the program works. You have some good overall goals!

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Should have been clearer.
    I'm always breaking set rules with my training. Hopefully this will work for me like my other "different" routines have in the past.

Yeah I like pullups to. Thanks for the help.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    For mass i've tried many diff routines, and the Iron Man has given me the best results(besides an all out powerlifting routine). For a BB physique, THe iron man is the best bulker IMO, its int he Various training techniques in the sticky above

Thread Information